Titanium Wedding band Found and Returned

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents were visiting me in College Station, TX from Rochester, NY since I was graduating from the oceanography program at Texas A&M and moving back up north. My dad is the type of who had me looking for coins in the parking lot walking back to the car, so I'm pretty sure he's had a big influence on my hobbies :icon_thumright:. Anyways, I figured he would love to go metal detecting so I took him out to Wolf Pen Creek, a park that has a place for large shows and events. I have a very basic Bounty Hunter Quicksilver metal detector :BangHead:(I need to find some gold rings so I can upgrade!)

When my father and I showed up to the grassy hill where everyone sits and listens to the music, there was a guy sectioning off areas of the grass with ribbon. He saw us and said "Hey, can you help me find something!?" Apparently he had lost his titanium wedding band there the day before and had a buddy on the way with a metal detector. So I said sure and started searching. His buddy showed up, but had never used a metal detector before and was really having troubles, so I showed him a few things. :help:

Long story short, I found his band in about ten minutes! It was a beaut. I still can't get over how seemingly coincidental the whole thing was, especially from his point of view. What are the chances of having a metal detectorist show up when you are looking for a lost wedding band? Anyways he was so happy I found and returned it that he called his wife, and she came over and thanked me as well. My dad ended up talking with them for about thirty minutes (he's an extremely amiable guy) while I did some more detecting. I found a wheat penny and a whole bunch of change. My dad is hooked now, quite a first experience for him! :icon_thumright:

-Rick

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also sorry for a lack of a picture, I didn't have my camera with me and I handed it over to him right away

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver is an excellent detector, all of my very best finds were found with it. The depth is amazing. If you get another detector, hold on to that one as a back up.

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunters said:
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver is an excellent detector, all of my very best finds were found with it. The depth is amazing. If you get another detector, hold on to that one as a back up.

That's really nice to hear, it's the first outside opinion I've gotten on it. When I started it seemed to work great. One day after detecting in some shallow saltwater it stopped working. The coil is supposed to be waterproof but I suppose the seal got bad, it probably deformed from those 110 degree days in Texas. Anyways I sent it to Bounty Hunter in el paso and it works again, but it seems to me like the depth still isn't as good. I tested a quarter in the sand today, five inches was no problem but then I buried it about 10-12 and got no signal (my total clad for the day, - 15c after finding only one dime and losing my quarter).

Could you let me know what kinds of depths you were recovering from when you were using it?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very rewarding.

relicminer

Dec 31, 2010
Pike County Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer, Lecshe Digging Tool, Predator Mauler T-Handle
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its amazing how good helping someone feels ain't it!!!! :icon_thumleft:

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on finding the Ring