Ebay versus Amazon And ?? other options??

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the Big Boys all have just about the same fees.
I am a top rated seller on febay, I need to get out of there. We built our own web site, slow to start, but it is picking up steam. I do see some hope.
Kevin

Buff4

Feb 14, 2012
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21 - W/Stealth 8 - Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I am also a top rated powerseller on Feebay (love that name) and yes I lose in the area of 18-20% after all the fees including paypal. I have tried Itsy, and Amazon but they are not even close to the traffic levels I get. Sad to say that just recently I had to add a handling charge on my items to recoup some of the fees. I've been with them since the beginning, which is like 14 years, and yes the fees are off the wall, but if I'm making 100-5000% profit on an item, I guess I'll just have to deal with it. People are creatures of habit, and even though fees keep rising, this does not hurt the buyers, and it's the buyers that us sellers need. The buyers have no reason to leave Feebay.
Hope this helps.
John

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I no what you are saying on traffic and it is hard to draw anyone away from febay.
As a Top Rated Power Seller we do get some discounts, and it helps.
I also have stuff on Bonanza, it is cheep, but no luck there.
Like you, I am stuck where I am for now.
Life is good
Kevin

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CraigsList....

.... It's local so you can actually maybe meet someone to try the unit out before you hand over cash. Picked up a T2 from a guy 1/2 hour away.

.... I also 'fish' it locally. I post 'BUYING METAL DETECTORS! CASH PAID!' I get some replies that are OK, but occasionaly hit gold.
Guy won a Garrett ACE 350 at one of those 'gun bashes' at his club in a raffle.
Donated by a local hobby shop.
He wanted $100 for it.
Said he needed ammo for hunting season.
The 350 was new in box.
I offered him $50.
We met in the middle at $75.
I actually gave it to a guy I occasionally hunt with.
Nicest guy in the world.
He had a Bounty Hunter that got wet, ruined, and couldn't afford a new detector in his current financial situation.
win-win for everyone :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread