T2 is ordered!!!!!

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sent out the money order today!!! Gonna be detecting a huge park here in Delta County Michigan as well as a campground that has had people on it since the 1600's. Looking forward to using a machine that gets real good depth.

I didn't go with the T2SE, I didn't have enough money but I think this will be plenty deep enough.

Anyone else use the T2? How do you like it? Do you dig deep coins?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan 21,

never tried an f2 can't tell you any thing, but it's an entry level type and people usually up grade and keep as back up. look at it this way it's a fisher, and it doesn't have a bell tone. I think your going to like it. post your finds and have fun.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
liftloop said:
Ryan 21,

never tried an f2 can't tell you any thing, but it's an entry level type and people usually up grade and keep as back up. look at it this way it's a fisher, and it doesn't have a bell tone. I think your going to like it. post your finds and have fun.

He ordered the Teknetics T2 not the Fisher F2. :icon_thumright:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, isn't that made buy fisher or is it the other way a round I think fisher teknetic, bounty hunter, garret aren't they all a first Texas instrument or that's were the got there start, leaving White's,and mine lab there own company.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty Hunter (First Texas), being a sucessful company, was able to buy the Teknetics label and the Fisher brand. Minelab was taken over by Codan. Garrett remains its own company.

Whites became sucessful by employing George Payne who had done all the groundwork for motion detectors for Bounty Hunter. For a really good Whites in the past you didn't buy the flagship 6000 model but the British made Savo Whites 8000. For a better Whites Classic you would buy the European Whites Turbo range. For DD coils, which Whites didn't seem capable of producing, lagging behind just about every brand, you had to buy Dutch designed coils.

From hoard hunters to the TDI pulse and twin frequency detectors, not Whites designs but licenced copies of other manufacturers products.

Ryaan, you have picked a good detector that will tackle most sites and tasks really well. Its one that I carry in the car all the time just in case I spot a potential good site whilst driving along. It even works better than many other single frequency machines on wet salt beaches. Lots of set up options with most of the learning curve difficulties of other detectors having been designed out. Most use as a tone machine but don't ignore the initial two programmes which are Tesoro type "beep and dig" with the added advantage of meter I.D.
On a old site I prefer to use the motion all metal mode and use a combination of the all metal audio and the meter information for I.D.
Its not for nothing that the T2 and F75 so quickly became best sellers !

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.k. brian

from what i read about Old man garret he was working for first taxes instrument when he put his first detector on the market.white's were making metal detector way before bounty hunter was ...No..were do you get all your info from kind sir thinks he knows a lot.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have it's cousin - the original F75 - and it's a great machine. It is, anyway, for some folks. There seem to be personalities that don't like the features and platform.

Hope you are one of the folks with the right temperament. :icon_thumleft:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liftloop when you get over forty years detecting in....last twenty five full time, not the odd hour you get in each week, you learn not to trust much on any forum especially those who make up answer to questions or statements that have never been made.

Bounty Hunter did not start producing detectors before Whites but did come out with the RB 5 and RB 7 SPD (motion to you) long before Whites. And it what twisted part of your reasoning do you think who worked for who has to do with anything ? Most detector brands came out of partnerships that broke up for one reason or another. Some designers then just hired themselves out to other companies whilst others formed their own companies so that they would have complete control of design and products.

Its "First Texas Instruments" not "taxes instrument" by the way.

Viddy

Aug 16, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, F2, Etrac, T2, V3i, AT Pro, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, Go-Find 66, F5, Q60, Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll love the T2.... I ran it for a while in combo with my ETrac. I had the stock coil and a 12x15 SEF coil on it. It was a monster!
I posted pic of my tandem. Check it out. Like my little F2 on steroids...LOL
Typical weekend before heading out for some good spots in Pittsburgh, PA.

Attachments

• 2011-11-25 11.30.48.jpg
    2011-11-25 11.30.48.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 252

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One big plus of the T2 is it will work most places including on wet sand where most single frequency detectors do fall down and due to the low battery drain costs very little to run. Ideal if you only want to run one machine and so light and well balanced there's no need for hip mounts or bungy cords.

OP
OP
ryaan21

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be here monday! It sucks though, we were almost to bare ground with a little snow, then we got a storm and now have about 8 inches :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread