READ THIS...NOW!!!

hobbit

Oct 1, 2010
If any of you have not heard, there is a bill in commitee in the Florida Senate that will make it illegal to "remove or attempt to remove" any "archaeological specimen" from any State, County or City park in the state of Florida, as well as any tidal or submerged lands... A.K.A the PUBLIC BEACH. I am not overreacting and am not joking. Go to the TN shipwreck forum and please help...this bill Florida SB 868...this is NOT just about shipwrecks...If you are out of state, all the better. There are links at the end of the thread so you can contact the state senators involved...they are voting on this TOMORROW...TELL THEM THAT YOU WILL SPEND YOUR VACATION DOLLARS ELSEWHERE...a wheat penny can be construed as an "archaeological specimen"...DO THIS NOW!!!

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hobbit said:
If any of you have not heard, there is a bill in commitee in the Florida Senate that will make it illegal to "remove or attempt to remove" any "archaeological specimen" from any State, County or City park in the state of Florida, as well as any tidal or submerged lands... A.K.A the PUBLIC BEACH. I am not overreacting and am not joking. Go to the TN shipwreck forum and please help...this bill Florida SB 868...this is NOT just about shipwrecks...If you are out of state, all the better. There are links at the end of the thread so you can contact the state senators involved...they are voting on this TOMORROW...TELL THEM THAT YOU WILL SPEND YOUR VACATION DOLLARS ELSEWHERE...a wheat penny can be construed as an "archaeological specimen"...DO THIS NOW!!!

Pretty sure this is providing the area is deemed historically significant and marked as such. Which has been that way most places for a long time. Yes, a wheat penny in the yard of a home on the historical landmark registry is off limits. The house next door, maybe not.

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:-\

links to the poli-tards that are voting... if I'm not too late to ask...I think most people on this site would gladly send them a little love via e-mail. I would also rather go some place where metal detecting isn't outlawed for vacation where I can spend my time and money...

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just reading now...how did the vote go?

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread