describe why metal etecting helps the enviorment please view this post

Scottso

May 8, 2009
long island new york
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75se, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab etrac, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
florida's state government passed a law that makes it illegal to metal detect florida beaches. the more comments the better. I will print this out and send to the florida Government. Need lots of comments why metal detecting helps people ands the enviorment Jeff of pa please do not move this to a different page I need all the comments i can get. Im very upset. I dont even live in florida... but i do go on vacation alot their and i know many metal detectorists who do live there.

if people can swim and have fun on the beach than why cant we have fun also. Doing what we love. They do not realize that we spend hundred maybe even thousends of dollars on metal detecting equipment. The government thinks were a bunch of poor idiots who walk the beaches in search of enough money to buy a beer. We cant metal detect but yet it is still legal to collect cars or coins or go fishing.

1. Metal detectorist clean up all the broken glass with bottle caps still atached to them. So no person steps on it.
2. We clean up lead that can be harmful to the fishing industry and peoples health.
3. The stupid machies the beaches use to pick up junk does not get it all... so we help clean up the beaches
4. With out metal detectorists there would be a 3 inch layer of pulltabs on the ground.
5.We are trying to make our "Life Libery and Persuite of happieness" the best it can be.
6. We pick up rusty pointy metal objects that can injur or even (possobly) kill some one. Were saving people money and a trip to the E.R.
7. We are resurculating money that has been lost.. we all know the government cant loose more money ;D

There are many more i can say. please explain why metal detecting Helps people and the enviornment.

OP
OP
Scottso

Scottso

May 8, 2009
long island new york
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75se, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab etrac, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yor state may be next

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What bigscoop is referring to, is the specific language saying "metal detectors" or "metal detecting", is not there. Only things that could be morphed to apply. However, whether or not it was "specific" is seeming to be a mute point anyhow, as this link shows:

http://detectingrights.com/florida-sb868-hb591.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread