We are screwed.

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's finally here. T.V. shows about metal detecting. I've alway's assumed they would appear. Lib's will show up in drove's. What set me off was the 300 people that say " You shouldn't have cleaned it". The one's that said that will be our fate. I suggest if you are a civil war hunter to STFU.. for a bit! All I do is hunt yard's and school's. Please if you are a hardcore civilwar hunter don't ruin it for the rest of us. Please.

PAdiggertom

Mar 16, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Deftone said:
It's finally here. T.V. shows about metal detecting. I've alway's assumed they would appear. Lib's will show up in drove's. What set me off was the 300 people that say " You shouldn't have cleaned it". The one's that said that will be our fate. I suggest if you are a civil war hunter to STFU.. for a bit! All I do is hunt yard's and school's. Please if you are a hardcore civilwar hunter don't ruin it for the rest of us. Please.
what are CW hunters doing???

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they may be digging underground tunnels at some of the National Parks :laughing7:

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Not just the shows are at fault. The fool or fools that go and dig and do not clean up after, leaving thrash holes etc around, and those that dont ask and trespass and so on. Those that ignore laws and ethics will be and are the threat to MDing and Thing in general.
I suspect a few new fools out there doing such from the shows thinking they will get rich.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lostcauses said:
Not just the shows are at fault. The fool or fools that go and dig and do not clean up after, leaving thrash holes etc around, and those that dont ask and trespass and so on. Those that ignore laws and ethics will be and are the threat to MDing and Thing in general.
I suspect a few new fools out there doing such from the shows thinking they will get rich.
We had this problem before the shows ever aired!

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
kayden said:
lostcauses said:
We had this problem before the shows ever aired!

No kidding!

Yet the shows will make it worse. And the shows themselves can and will be used by them that believe they are the powers to be, to get more laws passed and just to plain say no at a park, school and so on..

The shows exist. We will work around what ever fall out happens, LOL.

OP
OP
Deftone

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure as hell don't wanna end up like the ban everything.. no trapping no hunting.. the gov said only on the weekend.. like over the pond. I wanna find shit without reporting it. And thx for the cw guys for shuttin the f up.
Whats it like to find the find of a lifetime and u have to give it up to the gov... I wont except it here f that.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
the country is already in one big hole, could it be erosion? stop watching TV and get to what we all do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Deftone

Deftone

Jan 10, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true. I only found out about these tv shows from the interwebs. sweet tomorry is sat. Imma be digginn all day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions