Good upgrade from a Prizm II?

Veritas0589

Greenie
Mar 19, 2012
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Everyone,

I bought a Prizm II a few years ago, and it's been a decent little detector for me. I'm now feeling the itch to upgrade. What would be the next logical upgrade to a Prizm II without spending a small fortune? I'm primarily a coin and jewelry hunter. I'd like to stick with a Whites, but I'm open to all brands.

Thanks.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you like Whites I'd advise getting the M-6. A very good gold and jewelry hunter.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While I agree with Smudge, another, more logical choice IMHO would be the Prizm 6t. Uses the same coils as the other Prizms and newer Coinmasters, is similar enough to the Prizm II to learn very quickly and has multi-tones, auto ground balance etc. and is lighter by a fair bit than the M6. However, either is a good choice and the M6 is a very capable detector.
My two bits,
luvsdux

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with a Prizm III and upgraded to an M6...while I love my M6...love the headphones, so the homeowner doesn;t have to listen to the constant beeping of every signal when I am detecting yards, as well as hearing those "whisper" signals easier. Also love the rechargeable battery packs and the tone i.d. That said.....I haven't found alot more with the M6 that the Prizm wouldn;t have found, so if you are upgrading thinking the finds will multiply then stay with the Prizm for it is a capable machine. Yes my M6 finds some deep targets, but so did my Prizm. I don;t know alot about the features on the Prizm 6T but have heard good things about it as well. Guess the main question on if and what to upgrade to is to ask yourself what are you looking for in the upgrade? Once you answer that then it will be easier to fit a machine to what you are looking for and determine what make/model etc to upgrade to or if it is better to stay with your Prizm.
Not sure who you deal with locally, but here are a couple links....Tony at White's of New England as well as Rich at Colonial are both VERY knowledgeable and would be happy to answer your questions and make recommendations for you...both would ship to Minnesota or could recommend a local dealer for you if you prefer..

http://www.whitesmetaldetector.com/
http://www.colonialmetaldetectors.com/?AffId=2

OP
OP
V

Veritas0589

Greenie
Mar 19, 2012
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well after much reading I ordered a Garrett AT Pro. It should be here tomorrow. I don't even have it yet, but I'm feeling some pretty heavy buyers remorse. I'm trying to justify spending that much on a hobby that while I find pretty fun, probably won't result in me finding a huge diamond ring to recoup the cost. :unhappysmiley:

Someone please tell me to shut up and just enjoy the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread