All Treasure Hunting

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What will you do with all those cheap detectors when there is NO METAL detecting signs everywhere?

The good is that the 'fadders' get all these mid to top end detectors 'hoping' to find the Holy Grail, Lost Arc of the Covenant, and Blackbeard's buried treasure....
The ETracs, V3i, F75, etc, will all be for sale on Ebay for pennies on the dollar this summer after none of them hit the jackpot.....
We'll all be able to get those detectors we always wanted for very cheap, as another reality show comes out about maple syrup tapping while rain making, during a geo-cache hunt.
The people move on to something else and metal detecting will be forgotten from the general public again....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What will you do with all those cheap detectors when there is NO METAL detecting signs everywhere?

The good is that the 'fadders' get all these mid to top end detectors 'hoping' to find the Holy Grail, Lost Arc of the Covenant, and Blackbeard's buried treasure....
The ETracs, V3i, F75, etc, will all be for sale on Ebay for pennies on the dollar this summer after none of them hit the jackpot.....
We'll all be able to get those detectors we always wanted for very cheap, as another reality show comes out about maple syrup tapping while rain making, during a geo-cache hunt.
The people move on to something else and metal detecting will be forgotten from the general public again....

Sorry but when it becomes Illegal to detect on Private Property, even with Permission,
there is no Longer a Distinction of Right & Wrong.
So why worry, Just Detect wherever you feel like it.

Just like the Old saying when Guns are illegal, only Criminals will Own them,
When Detecting is Illegal, Why worry about Laws ?
Just buy a Flashlight.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets offer our rusted junk to American Diggers for half the value they quote...they should jump on the offer shouldnt they...easy money for them..

sqzdog

Dec 28, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's TDI
I think both shows are hurting our hobby equally. Both have morons jumping around making up stupid terms that real detectorists have never heard of. I pray for a swift cancellation for both. Idiots.

Last edited:

Chuck In Oregon

Jun 16, 2004
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ-20, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think both shows are hurting our hobby equally. Both have morons jumping around making up stupid terms that real detectorists have never heard of. I pray for a swift cancellation for both. Idiots.

You mean Artifact Recovery Zone isn't a real term? I'm shocked. Pray for a swift demise. Them, not us.

Chuck

sqzdog

Dec 28, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's TDI

You mean Artifact Recovery Zone isn't a real term? I'm shocked. Pray for a swift demise. Them, not us.

Chuck

Exactly. ARZ is another dumb term. Let's hope these moronic shows don't destroy our hobby.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What is an Ikeon? 1$ coin?

Chuck In Oregon

Jun 16, 2004
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ-20, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG, OMG, OMG They already think I dig pennies with a screwdriver to buy cheap wine, 40 years or so got bottle[empty}. I used to make 55k a year. I am 1st class mental detectorist and 2nd class citizen{veteran}.

I don't understand this somewhat troubling post. Would you care to elaborate?

Chuck

fredmxt

Greenie
Oct 26, 2010
selden
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All I can say is that all these reality shows suck, no matter what the format

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use terms that youve never heard of...does that make me an idiot? Oh, and I jump around if I make a good find...guess thats where the moron part comes in. You sound like a fun guy to be around.

sqzdog

Dec 28, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's TDI
I use terms that youve never heard of...does that make me an idiot? Oh, and I jump around if I make a good find...guess thats where the moron part comes in. You sound like a fun guy to be around.

Lookindown, are you kidding me? We ALL get excited when we get a nice find. Seriously, if you were a landowner and after watching either one of these shows, would you give permission for someone to search your property after witnessing that?

If the "diggers" folks are on here, here's a tip (if your show doesn't get cancelled). Tone it down! Dig your relics, but be realistic about it. Also, a lesson during each program would be helpful to protect the hobby. Proper digging etiquette (filling holes, how to cut a plug, etc.) I'm sure the $$ estimates are required by the network to make the show interesting but we all know those estimates are over-inflated. You guys are now representatives of our hobby whether you like it or not. Do us right.

sqzdog

Dec 28, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's TDI
Unless I am looking in the wrong place, a search of NatGeo TV website shows not even a mention of "Diggers". If that's the case, one train wreck down, one more to go...

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dont count on it:0)

Unless I am looking in the wrong place, a search of NatGeo TV website shows not even a mention of "Diggers". If that's the case, one train wreck down, one more to go...

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I still have the first two episodes dvr'd...I hope they do some more. Finally a show that is about our little known hobby and people *****. Now American Digger should be the one that people hate in my opinion. Diggers was awesome...I wish they could have shown some footage of the At pro's screen while going over a signal but I guess they can't do too much in a half hour show. Keep em coming King George and Ringmaster:thumb_up:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lookindown, are you kidding me? We ALL get excited when we get a nice find. Seriously, if you were a landowner and after watching either one of these shows, would you give permission for someone to search your property after witnessing that?

If the "diggers" folks are on here, here's a tip (if your show doesn't get cancelled). Tone it down! Dig your relics, but be realistic about it. Also, a lesson during each program would be helpful to protect the hobby. Proper digging etiquette (filling holes, how to cut a plug, etc.) I'm sure the $$ estimates are required by the network to make the show interesting but we all know those estimates are over-inflated. You guys are now representatives of our hobby whether you like it or not. Do us right.
Some land owners might see the show and say "Hey, detectorist arent weirdos scratching for pennies after all". Look for positives, not negatives.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised these haters don't wear a 3 piece suit while hunting. The last time I checked hobbies were supposed to be fun no matter what "fun" means to you. That's probably why most of you guys hunt alone. When is the last time you laughed until your belly hurt? When is the last time you high fived your hunting partner? I bet a lot of you can't remember.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm surprised these haters don't wear a 3 piece suit while hunting. The last time I checked hobbies were supposed to be fun no matter what "fun" means to you. That's probably why most of you guys hunt alone. When is the last time you laughed until your belly hurt? When is the last time you high fived your hunting partner? I bet a lot of you can't remember.

I never High fived anyone, I'd be afraid they would turn and say
"On the flip Side" LOL

Not my Thing.

Right down there at the bottom with the so-called Buffalo stance
:add throw-up icon here.

I got my tux Dirty last time I was out ;)

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They had to take them down for hunting illegal on the State prison property.
They ignore that fact thou.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread