"REBELLION" Calling all colonial soldiers to arms " Down with this Format"

WERA689

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the new format and hope it stays. It's faster and cleaner looking. And too they're quickly working on issues and are always ready to make changes that will improve the site. Change is hard to take sometimes but lets be patient.

This forum has more action and more knowledgeable members than all the other treasure forums put together. The layout may now look more like some others but the similarity ends there.

And I see you got your username back, too! :D

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there as you can see that we're still making a lot of tweaks and improvements. We might also have a really cool custom skin for you guys so that the site doesn't seem so plain. However, we had to roll this one out for all the folks that just want a nice basic skin.

If there is anything you need assistance with, please just ask and I'm sure you will find that we're happy to help you :)

Ok I get it, I mean I know why many aren't happy with the changes, and I also have read and can make a guess why you wanted to change it. That being said, you posting about making it cool with a custom skin or whatever I don't really get, and certainly doesn't replace what each person misses about the old site. Right now the car is smashed and the coolest paint won't do much, but in time I think you will get it back on the road. I do hope you do because I want to see the site succeed.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there as you can see that we're still making a lot of tweaks and improvements. We might also have a really cool custom skin for you guys so that the site doesn't seem so plain. However, we had to roll this one out for all the folks that just want a nice basic skin.

If there is anything you need assistance with, please just ask and I'm sure you will find that we're happy to help you :)

Ok I get it, I mean I know why many aren't happy with the changes, and I also have read and can make a guess why you wanted to change it. That being said, you posting about making it cool with a custom skin or whatever I don't really get, and certainly doesn't replace what each person misses about the old site. Right now the car is smashed and the coolest paint won't do much, but in time I think you will get it back on the road. I do hope you do because I want to see the site succeed.

Look around the boarder. See anything new...I mean old?

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bring back the old format!! I don't mind change however with this new format the topics don't seem to be as easily accessible! The colors are drab!! Change is good SOMETIMES! If its not broken, don't fix it!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll give credit where it is due, I like that the OP is now in different color.

I agree with IP, I don't think anyone is interested in a new "skin"

How about making it so you can add a picture to replies ? Sometimes you can add important info, close-ups for IDing purposes, and sometimes you might need to add a picture to your own post. After more cleaning, or someone askes to see another side etc. This I feel is quite important.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How about making it so you can add a picture to replies ? Sometimes you can add important info, close-ups for IDing purposes, and sometimes you might need to add a picture to your own post. After more cleaning, or someone askes to see another side etc. This I feel is quite important.

I believe you can reply with a picture.

Reply> Go advanced > Manage attachments.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can easily add pictures to replies and you should be able to Edit your original post and add new photos. Let me know if I need me to show you how :)

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can even do it in the quick reply!

Click on the third little image over from the smilie icon. If you mouse over it says Insert Image.

Screen Shot 2012-03-23 at 5.12.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-03-23 at 5.12.13 PM.png

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK then, I guess I'm good.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Too all the Admin and MODs , I guess you don't get it the OLD Tnet was sinmple to use and this NEW treasure net is much more difficult. So for you all to come post how it is going to get better and much more cool stuff is just crazt to say. The more you add the more you complicate the site the more people will not enjoy it. Oh and all of us are not Techies. So do yourself the a favor and stop taliking how you are going to add this and add that when what you have already is hard to navigate for some of us. Also I never came to the old Tnet to find out there is this hot babe that lives four miles from me. There is plenty of other sites I can go to for that.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can easily add pictures to replies and you should be able to Edit your original post and add new photos. Let me know if I need me to show you how :)
How about deleting previous attachments, ie. previous pictures you did attach but want to delete after editing?

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How about deleting previous attachments, ie. previous pictures you did attach but want to delete after editing?

You should be able to click on the Edit Post button and then go into the text and manually delete the images.

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
The entire reason this forum was so widely used was the format. New ownership must think it was so widely used b/c it is "the" place to go. They should have studied these types of boards, and realized that the format was the #1 reason the forum was so popular. I have seen this exact situation happen with 2 other forums I used to use. The new owners are free to send me a message, and I can let them know the histories of these other forums. Some of the artifact guys will remember Arrowpack, and the "old" PROS board. Same thing happened. Easy to use, and workable forums replaced by this same robotic forum, and both boards gone within a short period of time. Other boards will spring up to replace this one. If I was an IT guy, I would be working right now on an alternative similar to the old style board.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

Carolina Jack

Mar 19, 2012
The Carolinas
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign, Whites XLT, NEW E-TRAC, S&W .40 CAL, NRA MEMBER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our world is everchanging. Look at our detectors, would you prefer 1970's metal detectors or what is availiable now. Accept change or get left behind. Any new people who joins this forum will love it because it exists and has a wealth of information. If it wasnt for change we would have no internet, what would you do now. Go swing that detector and dont sweat the petty stuff. IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!! Carolina Jack.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
stay with t-net, everyone!

Hey, Tinpan and all you other guys and gals, please stay with t-net. Tinpan, you're my fave poster on t-net and my only Australian connection! This morning I wrote concise, elegant explanation of why we should all stay, but this site didn't put my post up, grrrr. Even so, I'm trying again now, though more simply than before! I'm 70 years old and, despite my poor vision making it difficult to read TreasureNet's new tiny print, I'm staying because we're all the same people we were before even though their format changed. If a wobbly old woman with bad eyesight, arthritis, etc. can learn to use this new site, everyone else can too, lol. HH to all yall! Andi

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
For the people that use Firefox and hate the ads (like me):

you can download an add-on that blocks the ads. There are a few, you can just search in the add on search bar. The one that surely works is "Updated Ad Blocker for Firefox 11" but as the name says, it is only for people with FF 11(not many people).

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Well amigos I am lost with this new format, really liked the old one and not sure what was so wrong with it. The phpBB software is open source, with numerous abilities to upgrade/expand, and was a major nice feature of visiting Treasurenet. The v-bulletin software so commonly used is also as widely disliked by users. It is one of the reasons why Treasurenet was so popular.

If it were possible to vote on such a thing, my vote would be to return to the old format. I don't like having to re-learn how to use a forum and miss some of the features from the old format like "New Replies" (to my own posts) which was so easy to follow discussions. I realize that our new forum owners are working on things so can be patient, but at this point I am also among those looking elsewhere. There is no other forum quite like Treasurenet out there so I hope that things will improve here soon. I would miss the good people and interesting discussions but don't need aggravation - life is short and some of us do not have unlimited time to be on the internet.
Oroblanco

PS and now there is no "Preview" ability for our posts either? I like to always preview it to see that it isn't all in one giant paragraph or full of mistakes, but if we can't have that ability I guess I can live with that too.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our world is everchanging. Look at our detectors, would you prefer 1970's metal detectors or what is availiable now. Accept change or get left behind. Any new people who joins this forum will love it because it exists and has a wealth of information. If it wasnt for change we would have no internet, what would you do now. Go swing that detector and dont sweat the petty stuff. IT'S ALL GOOD!!!!! Carolina Jack.

It is hard to miss something when someone just got here. If you look the people who dislike it the most have been here a very long time, the ones who say you will get use to it with a few exceptions just got here...

Treasurenet was the number 1 ranked Treasuresite on the web for a couple reasons, it was by far the easiest navigatable Treasure website on the net with the most experienced members to help with your questions and problems. The first is gone and I am deeply concerned about the last now...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions