What do you think of the new layout?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
So far i like the old layout, but then again I don't post on other forums and this layout is strange to me. You click on the picture icon and a box pops up and does nothing. The old system was easy, it automaticly jumped to your pictures. Two of my posts have vanished into thin air after I hit the submit button, and whats that auto saved that flashes in the lower right corner? Change is constant, but it's a real bitch. I am a well enough alone person. Frank hand print-2_edited-3.jpg
Hay, that's what I call service, the brouse is back. Maybe there is hope!

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The pages are to short. Subjects drop off before interest is lost. Who wants to fish thru a bunch of back pages every time?
Where is the icon that gets you to the last post? If I have read it before I don't want to have to run thru it all again. I just realised that there are two forms of reply!!! Why?? Frank

Last edited:

WERA689

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pages are to short. Subjects drop off before interest is lost. Who wants to fish thru a bunch of back pages every time?
Where is the icon that gets you to the last post? If I have read it before I don't want to have to run thru it all again. I just realised that there are two forms of reply!!! Why?? Frank

To your first question, there are two ways to get to the latest post. First is from the thread list page. Next to the topic, there is a clockwise green arrow. Clicking that will take you to the first unread post since your last visit. Also, once you've opened the topic, across the top of the thread, the first item listed is "view first unread". That will skip you ahead to the first post made since your last visit.

As for the 2 types of reply, the first (quick reply) is to quickly add a text only response to a post. The second, (Advanced), allows you to add pics and other attachments, as well as rate a thread and subscribe to it...all from the same location.

seabumm

Mar 22, 2012
Southern, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf II, Whites Beach 300,and Whites Surf PI.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This place is great, I could get use too this!!
Great people too'' HH.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it,:icon_thumright: Great pleasant colors, not hard on the old eyes. I've been through the site and settings and configured to my taste and kind of easy to use but still learning more like when you click on a post Hold the Shift key down first then click, the post will open in a new window. Finished reading close it and your back where you started. Who says you can't teach an Old Dog New Tricks. Happy Hunting.:laughing9::laughing9:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omg its gonna take me a long time to get used to it...

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sort of like it...will take some getting used to and the moderator's comments always seem to contain great info about how to navigate

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know if you have any questions!

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bring back the old format! Change is good SOMETIMES!! The colors are drab and the topics are not so easy to access. If its not broken, don't fix it!

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring back the old format! Change is good SOMETIMES!! The colors are drab and the topics are not so easy to access. If its not broken, don't fix it!

I'm sorry, but it was super broken :/ Please read some of the other threads we have going for more details on this.

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at it like a new dig site, you never know what you might find :D

4dcr

Mar 31, 2006
Boston
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, White's DFX & Garrett ACE 250
I like the speed of the new site and I am sure the rest of it will come along.

I think it is fun going thru everything again looking around and finding stuff I had missed or forgotten about.

The one thing I am not crazy about is the size of the advertisement under the menu. It takes away from the site being located there and being so large. I use IE and use the zoom feature at 125 or 150% and it takes up too much real estate on the page. I think it would be better places at the bottom or smaller.

Just my 2 cents

Keep up the good work, CHANGE IS GOOD, especially when found with a detector.

HH
4dcr

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4Nines what is the Notifications button at the top of the page? They only way I can open it is by right clicking and opening it but I don't now what Notifications mean. Will you enlighten this old fart.;D

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4Nines what is the Notifications button at the top of the page? They only way I can open it is by right clicking and opening it but I don't now what Notifications mean. Will you enlighten this old fart.;D

You should be able to simply click it with your normal left mouse button and a drop down will appear showing you your new Private Messages, Likes and Visitor Messages:

Screen Shot 2012-03-23 at 4.41.24 PM.png

4Nines

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2010
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first reaction after repeated failed attempts to log-in and seeing my photos gone was negative. But as explained...then they are still working on it My second reaction was very positive, very easy on the eyes. The administration resolved the log-in issue quickly...I'm fine with the change.

I have not attempted to post anything lengthy yet, but on the old system I found that such posts were becoming almost impossible as the curser would jump around. If I tried to highlight segments of text for underlining or bolding for example, the entire post would highlite...so I hope that issue has been resolved.

A question to the administrator....how many photos can be added to a post with this new system and what is the size limit? Thankyou...

Jim.

Glad to hear that you're warming up to it!

This software should be a LOT more friendly to large posts and images.

I can pretty much set the number of images to anything up to about 20 per post. I don't like to go over more than that, but we can if need be. We also have an automatic image re-sizer built-in and I think the max size per image is like 3.5 meg, which is super large! So basically you should be able to just post away :)

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting