Just a thought...

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Normally I would not divulge into an argument thread along the lines of a new website/updated website content. However, as this hobby is important to me and TNET is the only one I've known since my introduction to the hobby eight years ago, I felt this rare sense to comment.

I'm thankful Marc and others began this site awhile back. Thanks man. You helped bring together a good group of people who share an awesome hobby. The site allowed for all extremes as well...the hardcore this is my income/life/religion to the what is metal detecting and who are all of you crazy people?

I don't care who runs/maintains/upgrades/downgrades the site in the future as long as some simple premises are kept. 1.) The free exchange of ideas about metal detecting/sharing of finds and the like are maintained and with little to no impediments as possible 2.) If some bigtime changes are coming which this current situation seems to rise to, it would be nice to know as far out into the future as possible to allow for both charter member input as well as non-charter member input. I would hope that the mods/admins/owners would understand that a little revolution now and then is a good thing and it helps when you involve your follow revolters on the new plan :)

Keep in mind, i'm not a paying member to this site. I should be. Those who do pay definitely carry a little weight when it comes to the direction the future changes and it seems a fair amount of these folks are not happy. Good. Hopefully their points are well met by those in charge and changes, if warranted, are made. I don't blame anyone for being pissed off about things they don't like and vocalize that pissedoffness here. Hopefully progression rather than regression is the ultimate verdict.

The ease of navigation is something apparently the old iteration of TNET had and the current version lacks in some areas. Some of this I think is due to risk/change averse individuals and as always time will be the arbiter of whether they stick around. I imagine within the next month (hopefully sooner) the outrage on certain new features or lack of features will be rectified and people will be lauding the praises of how smooth the site is run.

What I will say is the fervor of some to simply issue a claim without a warrant...i.e. "The new site sucks" or "What the hell happened" and leave it at that is rather trite. If that's how you feel..awesome, make that into a complete argument and tell those responsible the reasoning the led you to make the statement.

I'm happy that people are discussing the new site rather than simply rolling with the punches but remember the ultimate goal here...to provide us enthusiasts with a venue for discussion and discovery. I'd hate to see a mass exodus before those in charge have had a chance to take into account errors and make them better.

Thanks for reading and let's get out there and explore.
-Hunter

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
were is the white's page, I like to look at all the good detector.. no Kelly co either the only one is garret.. so garret must be behind this new forum...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread