Whites DFX and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ba bye. We'll just never have that 11th post now.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to see you go, have seen others who say they are leaving as well.....(Ignore the 11th comment......)

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is 10 posts enough time to get used to ANY format?

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really did not give it much of a chance did you, Never opened your mind to the new and exciting Tnet. Your loss. Bye.

(Ya know I bet he'll still come back every now and then to check it out)

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most that say they are leaving the site will definitely lurk. Some will ride into the sunset, some will eventually post again.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don't think that it's that bad once you figure out the lay-out, which is about the same. Just a few quirks that need to be ironed out, as long as the "administrators" work with our suggestions and ideas for a better Tnet.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm betting 9 of those posts were "Nice finds" too :p :laughing9:

I'm with old digger and FCCD on this :toothy1:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is 10 posts enough time to get used to ANY format?

Think about it. Why would you need to post at all to get used to the format? You do know it requires navigating a site just to read the posts?

If you check the numbers you'll see the vast majority that browse this site are not even members, so therefore don't post, and if they don't care for it much, they probably won't join. There's VERY few posting anything right now, and things should pick up with the nice weather on the way, just a question of whether it will pick of to the Treasure Net of old.

PS: I'm guessing the new owners don't want to see anyone go, especially someone that is fairly new because that is definitely as much of an issue or more than some regulars leaving. The name of the game is to sustain the base, but keep adding new members, and the latter is probably even more important.

Last edited:

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm getting used to it. I think once the smoke clears most members will be fine with it. As with anything with change it always takes a period of time to get used to it just as we all did when we started explorer this forum. I think the new owners are doing a great thing here.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
At first I thought it was faster, but I dont think so anymore. I am cancelling my account. Hat's off to you guys, I'll see you on the other side. In the meantime, I will be tectin and scrounging in the bottle dumps. If I find something good, I will re-register under the name Superfluous69. Goodbye. :clock:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carl, I wish he'd come back and read the comments, especially my next one :p

Notice the saying in his avatar: So many idiots, so few bullets

I hope he is saving a bullet for himself.. I surprised with a motto like that his nickname wasn't Forest_Gump

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been with Tnet since it was just METAL DETECTING. It is still the best. TTC

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm with you Terry... this is a wonderful site because of the membership, the talent and knowledge that exists here. We are seeing good evidence the new ownership wants to keep it that way. :icon_thumright:

For example... the reasoning behind the new format has been clearly explained several times on different threads by the administrators / moderators. These good folks are bending over backwards to accommodate our complaints and suggestions. This process will undoubtedly continue for some time as improvements are incorporated into the system. They need our ideas, help and encouragement, and deserve our thanks and continuing support for their efforts.

Jim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread