heads up your email is visible in the VM panel

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
IF YOU POST IT IN VISITOR MESSAGEING
you guys really need to get familiar, with what this new format can and can not do
heads up your email is visible,so you might not want to post it in the VM panel
visitor messages can be viewed by Qpublic,even if they arent a member
go to settings in your profile and turn it off,or dont post anything you dont want anyone else
to read
HH cw
------------------------------------------
on the profile pg see.....My Account general settings....on the settings pg,scroll down too...
this
Visitor MessagingVisitor Messaging: Visitor Messaging on
Visitor Messaging off

This forum features a visitor messaging system that allows members to send messages to one another publicly. If you do not want to receive visitor messages, you may disable the visitor messaging system.
Visitor Messages Limit: Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators
Don't limit usage of Visitor Messages

You may limit the usage of your visitor messages to just moderators and your contacts.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF YOU POST IT IN VISITOR MESSAGEING
you guys really need to get familiar, with what this new format can and can not do
heads up your email is visible,so you might not want to post it in the VM panel
visitor messages can be viewed by Qpublic,even if they arent a member
go to settings in your profile and turn it off,or dont post anything you dont want anyone else
to read
HH cw
------------------------------------------
on the profile pg see.....My Account general settings....on the settings pg,scroll down too...
this
Visitor MessagingVisitor Messaging: Visitor Messaging on
Visitor Messaging off

This forum features a visitor messaging system that allows members to send messages to one another publicly. If you do not want to receive visitor messages, you may disable the visitor messaging system.
Visitor Messages Limit: Limit usage of Visitor Messages to Contacts and Moderators
Don't limit usage of Visitor Messages

You may limit the usage of your visitor messages to just moderators and your contacts.

This applies to Visitor Message(s) Only! On your profile page. Nothing to do at all with the PM (Private Messages). You may deactivate the Visitor Message(s) by following the instructions that CW0909 posted. Thanks, for posting this CW!

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yah, personally I'm not a fan of visitor messaging... we can disable that for the whole forum if the forum membership thinks it's a good idea. It's up to you guys.

OP
OP
cw0909

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Yah, personally I'm not a fan of visitor messaging... we can disable that for the whole forum if the forum membership thinks it's a good idea. It's up to you guys.

yea i wish i had noticed earlier,i dont know how many are getting spammed now because they didnt know
Mders start digging around find out whats what,it would be in your best interest

YW river rat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions