spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learn the machine, go to youtube for some videos, even the 250 ones will help you.. Most of all have fun and get dirty :laughing7:

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the net, JADaniels,

Any detector is deacent, but less it costs (generally) the harder you will have to find things with it. For instance, if it doesn't have discrimination you will be digging alot of trash. Some times that is good, like when you clean the trash out of a popular picnic place you then have alot less trash to dig the next time. Now some high end detectors have so many bells and whistles that you may not use it makes you wonder why someone would spend $$$$ to find nicles and dimes. Boiled down it means have fun with what you buy. TKC

ouachitacaveman

Mar 12, 2011
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of info. on different brand detectors on you-tube. Lots of info. here, on this
website too if you go to the "brands" section and read about the different ones.
Good Luck !

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you have is a basic beginner model. try it out learn the machine and see, if like the hobby then look into the reviews on other models and maybe upgrade next year.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 150 is a begginner model... but so are you. Learn it... grow with it... THEN think about a high dollar machine.Give it 100 hours of honest searching before upgrading. Who knows, you may not want to! TTC

ole_grisley

Nov 23, 2007
Lycomming Co Pa
Detector(s) used
treasure cove
No detector is any better than the person operating it! if one does not take the time to learn what it will do then it will always be mediocre at the best.
I prefer less bells and whistles and dig dig dig maybe lots of junk but then I know I did not miss the real good stuff. it is for the fun and exercise and just getting out, even when I pan for gold it is for the fun and being outside.( and hope to find something) When we get to the point of saying we have to find gold every time then the fun is taken away I feel.learn your machine and have fun.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me when I go out, it's for bear, I go after what pays the most in my neck of the woods, to find as much as you can in the shortest time possible, and if there coins involved it just sweetened the pot. top of the line, or your up grading in a short time with no good finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions