Kansas City area

Osage

Aug 28, 2006
Hello! I have recently purchased a detector. I have not had a chance to do much research. I live in the Liberty area. We do have an old park there Ruth Moore Park which of course has probably been pounded. (it's a small park).. Just wondering if any of the old parks in the K.C. area still produce or if someone could recommend a place.
Thanks,

L

LuckyLori

Hey, I'm a Liberty native. There is a park called Stocksdale park in Liberty, (it was called Russell Stocksdale park in 1983...someone said the name had changed), it is located on North La Frenz Road. It's a fairly new park (established around 1982) but was an old farm stead in the early 1900;s. In the mid 70's it was a girl scout camp area. Might be a good area to check. ( I lived less than a 1/4 mile away as a child...) Also...my first post I told about a class ring that was lost at Manor Hill Elementary School in Liberty. Might go check the play grounds there. If you find an old 1958-59 ladies class ring from Marshall, MO it was my Mother's LOL

flip

Jan 29, 2005
kansas city/ osceola missouri
Detector(s) used
garret deepseeker , ace 250, DMC11ba
THOSE SIDEWALK AREAS LOOK PRETTY INVITING ANYWHERE NEAR THE SQUARE. THERE ARE SO MANY OLD YARDS THAT LOOK GOOD.CHECK OUT LEONARD ST. I SAW A BARE LOT THERE THE OTHER DAY JUST SOUTH OF MILL ST. DIDNT HAVE THE DETECTOR WITH ME OR MIGHT HAVE CHECKED IT OUT.

OP
OP
O

Osage

Aug 28, 2006
Thanks for the help everyone. I had wondered about Stocksdale but really could not find anything. Yes! Liberty is full of good looking spots. I wonder if anyone has looked on Paseo Blvd. on the grassy center strip near downtown K.C. You would have to have several people looking together for safety I think. The N.E. area of K.C. looks real good too with many old bldgs.
Thanks Again,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread