Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone!
I spoke with Executive producer at Nat Geo today to find out about the ratings and wether they wanted to do more shows or not. She said they were very concerned about all the flak they were taking about diggers. Diggers was filmed by another production company and sold to Nat Geo.
I informed her that all the feedback for the Lucky Muckers show I received, was posative and that this is the kind of show you said you want to see. She said they received lots of e-mails concerning how much people didn't like diggers but she had not heard any good responces about Lucky Muckers.
She told me if that is the kind of show you want to see I shoud let you know to write and tell them.
Here is the e-mail to send complements or complaints about the show.
She also said the show should air again in the next couple weeks.
[email protected]
Thanks again for all the great comments
Happy Hunting!
Chicago Ron

cbac

Greenie
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I saw one episode of each.
Of the two I preferred the Muckers as it was more matter of fact and elicited a greater feeling of a more varied historical context. They were searching the Thames at low tide for artifacts and what not.

I don't know, I only saw the EP of diggers while they wandered about Alaska getting rejected by land owners and eventually discovering large artifacts that really didn't need a metal detector to find. I don't know, the episode was heavily edited and too much time was spent trying to present controversy about their simple searches.
Good grief, they were surprised that the ground was frozen... well yea, it's Alaska?
I don't know, Diggers isn't, my opinion, representative of the MD hobby. It's an overcommercialized attempt at the "reality" tv genre. Yet another exploitation of a hobby or way of life.

Why hasn't there been an EXTREME MARBLES show?

I might be off base but that's my opinion.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ANY promotion of this hobby will kill it the minute the TV reality folks get ahold of it.
We don't need ANY publicity regardless of whether it is good or bad.
There's already too many folks out there doing bad things that reflect badly on all of us without idiots like these TV folks making fools of us all.
Is that enough of an opinion?
Look what happened to that Gold show. The feds came down on the poor kid that had had the
gold mine with his grandfather for 35 yrs. They also hit all the other guys too.
Promotion is the LAST thing we need.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone!
I spoke with Executive producer at Nat Geo today to find out about the ratings and wether they wanted to do more shows or not. She said they were very concerned about all the flak they were taking about diggers. Diggers was filmed by another production company and sold to Nat Geo.
I informed her that all the feedback for the Lucky Muckers show I received, was posative and that this is the kind of show you said you want to see. She said they received lots of e-mails concerning how much people didn't like diggers but she had not heard any good responces about Lucky Muckers.
She told me if that is the kind of show you want to see I shoud let you know to write and tell them.
[email protected]
Happy Hunting!
Chicago Ron

she had not heard any good responces about Lucky Muckers
First off where does She Live ?
Certainly not in Reality.

People do not Email Compliments in Droves.
They just Email complaints.
especially not adults.
this is why good shows get canceled.
they think because they don't get compliments, nobodies watching.

I Still Havn't seen it. but I agree a Lucky Muckers show here in the U.S. would still get complaints from the Archies.
even if the show is about helping them, They would
want to add, that there are many out there detecting & Digging without archies
and make it sound like we are terrorists. remember unlike
Europe, We do not have a Live & Let Live attitude here in the us.
here it's, "do as I Say, or I'll call the cops or create a new law."

Last edited:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Everyone!
[email protected]
Happy Hunting!
Chicago Ron

have a good un.
SHERMANVILLE

MickTwin

Greenie
Apr 18, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
she had not heard any good responces about Lucky Muckers? I sent this email on 3/20/2012 10:16 PM.

Hi Nat Geo!

My name is Rob Mickatavage and I live in Port Chester, NY. I just saw your program, "Lucky Muckers" and just want to say how much I enjoyed the show. I was a history major in college (BA History Ithaca College), and really love how Ron Guinazzo made it clear that saving history (or perhaps, recovering history) was more important to him than making money on the finds he made. In fact, it almost seems comical that he got just as excited finding an old shoe, as he does when he finds gold on his "Chicago Ron" You Tube video's.

He obviously is a man of integrity, and National Geographic is a television channel that matches that integrity! Well done Nat Geo! Thanks for making "Lucky Muckers" one of those rare shows I'm really looking forward to seeing more of!

With best regards,

Rob Mickatavage

Now the question is.. does she (or anyone there) actually read their emails.

SteveP (NH)

May 19, 2003
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what it is worth I sent in an email complimenting Lucky Muckers and asking for it to be continued. Did you guys just shoot a pilot episode on the Thames or did you shoot several episodes already?

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to hear.

Now what is REALLY needed is the same thing from Spike in reference to "American digger"

Sure,diggers was stupid,negative to us and obnoxious, but "American Digger" is TWICE as destructive.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread