whats an "archie"

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
images.jpeg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actually any archaeologist whe dosn't deserve respect of the Metal detecting community is an "archie"

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jr., Why did you "bury" the GTA500?I own one. Have for many years. Still going strong! I might be living "it the past" but I'll bet you the 500 will go down as one of the best made for all around hunting. What happened to yours? TTC

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Archie" (ARE CHEE) One who is threatened by those who recover history that he/she feels entitled to due to an overpriced education that could have been obtained in 4.00 in fines from the local library.
See also: "Whaah, they are going to steal my thunder, I must use my title to try to influence local laws to protect ME. I would rather let it ROT in the ground"

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff called it right and this term was made up by the same people that hate TV shows from making up their own terms too ..

Oh, the irony :laughing9:

OP
OP
jrpoppapump

jrpoppapump

May 23, 2004
north eastern new mexico
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the battery holders kept cracking, i ordered replacements from garrett and they cracked again. then i ordered some cheap imatation ones off ebay and they didn't quite fit right. then it started acting very erratic and it became to frustrating for use. let's just say my temper got the best of me and tossed it down the street. i think i had it at least ten years at that point. i kind of wish i still had it but my ace is just as good.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An "Archie" is in fact, a villain. An ARCHAEOLOGIST is one who wears a cool hat and has a bullwhip.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the battery holders kept cracking, i ordered replacements from garrett and they cracked again. then i ordered some cheap imatation ones off ebay and they didn't quite fit right. then it started acting very erratic and it became to frustrating for use. let's just say my temper got the best of me and tossed it down the street. i think i had it at least ten years at that point. i kind of wish i still had it but my ace is just as good.
Yes. The battery cases ARE sensitive. Just an after thought... Whenever one of my detectors start "acting up", I give it a hard reset before giving up on it. Tnx for the response, my friend. TTC

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff called it right and this term was made up by the same people that hate TV shows from making up their own terms too ..

Oh, the irony :laughing9:
Very True! Which is why I refuse to use it just like I would not use the silly words used in the TV show.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just short for Archaeologist. Been used for years.
Kind of like "Doc" instead of Doctor.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A is for the attitude they give us
R is for the robbing that they do
C is for the crap they sell the politicians
H is for the hate they have for us
I is for incessant crying that they do
E is for the egos that they have but dont deserve

maybe some one can do a better one - best I could come up with on the fly

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Remember Indiana Jones?, he should be their role model.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread