Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the love of GOD, read the posts.

When somebody asks what something IS,and somebody already answered what YOU think it is, don't post the same thing AFTER they did.

It seems like every day somebody posts a "what is it?" item and there are four or five people who answer the SAME EXACT THING.

Read the POSTS before you post your answer..

Rant off.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggit

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome troll account. You'll last long. Do you have anything to add, or just showing your intelligence?
EDIT: Never mind, I see from your posts that you have NOTHING to add to ANY conversation here, so you're one of my first "ignore" candidates. So,don't bother,I won't read it.

Last edited:

Jay67

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2012
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the cute cat!!!

OP
OP
Diggit

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the cute cat!!!

wow,that was easy. You're "tricky" :)
you might want to change the "online"notification so it doesn't coincide with when you switch profiles though.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are just trying to up their posting average. Notice the abuse of the "Likes" rating system in the last few weeks ?

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
I don't mind it. If I am posting the item and and still weighing whether or not the first ID is correct it helps to have a few people agree and makes me more confident in the answer.

And it's not that big of a deal ....

to me anyway. :laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind it. If I am posting the item and and still weighing whether or not the first ID is correct it helps to have a few people agree and makes me more confident in the answer.

And it's not that big of a deal ....

to me anyway. :laughing7:

Yes, but some people don't just say they agree, their post seems as if they read the previous post and base their post off it. So as much as agreeing backs a theory, saying the exact same thing could easily be supporting a wrong idea.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, I would prefer more than a single person post on what something is, a concensus of a group of people all agreeing on an item based on their personal knowledge is better than just a single reply.

OP
OP
Diggit

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, but some people don't just say they agree, their post seems as if they read the previous post and base their post off it. So as much as agreeing backs a theory, saying the exact same thing could easily be supporting a wrong idea.
My point EXACTLY. It's like they are trying to look more intelligent by parroting what someone else already said.

But I have NO PROBLEM with people just "agreeing" with something someone else posts, that's not my point.
My point is when the post the same solution beneath the person above them. Not they agree with it, but as if they never read the thread to begin with.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I LIKE the "likes" idea. Use it but don't abuse it. Let's focus on the hunting community input, albeit sometimes redundant, and not lambast those that just want to join the post. TTC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes while I'm typing a reply someone else types about the same thing and posts it just before I post mine. It then seems as though I didn't read the previous post. TimC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions