Digital Pocket scales

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought one. It became junk in less than six months. Don't know the name right off. choose well! TTC

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008
I bought one for measuring small amounts of gold and silver. It functioned reasonably well for about a year, then it would not work.

I opened it up and looked at it. The battery leads were put on and designed in such a manner that they got shorn through and cut off by the plastic forming the case. I reattached them and it worked again.

It functions off and on now after a few tries. It is weird how they made these so rinky dink and cheap, and they cost so much money. I think it has to do with their primary market use, which is probably in the drug trade.

I just opened it up to see what was going on and one of the batteries seems to have had a electrolyte issue and seeped out a little, so I will have to get another 4 out from my car or somewhere to test it.

I bought mine off E-bay and it was I think a factory reject or return that they fiddled with and got to work. Badly manufactured. If one company could go in and make these reliable, they would make a name for themselves in the business.

So they are not that reliable. A postage scale would work just as well, not ever need batteries, and would not suddenly stop functioning for no apparent reason.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought mine for 10 bucks and it works well. I check it against the dealers one that I sell to. You can see a picture of it on some of the posts I made in the garage sale finds of this forum............Scott.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also got a cheap one (E-Bay) tempted by both price and the extended warrantry it offered over some others. Stainless steel tray, choice of 5 weighing units, a Tare function to re calibrate in necessary, back light, carry case etc. Plus it uses 2x AAA batteries rather than hearing aid types that can be difficult to get in some parts of the world. Unfortunately no brand name on case or the original box as with lots of Chinese products.

Checked it when it arrived and accuracy is and remains good so I'm happy with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread