Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Missing Money Order...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting

Missing Money Order...

Hey all,

I sold a metal detector and the money order was suppose to arrive to me today. According to the tracking number it was out on the truck for today's delivery. Well the mailman passed our house without stopping and we didn't get any mail today. So we call the post office and they said it should be sitting in my mailbox. We tell them that we didn't get any mail at all today and the mailman didn't even stop. So they say they are going to try and track down the mailman and see what's up. I'm worried that maybe they lost it.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    Ohh such wonderful advice...they tell us to go around the neighborhood and ask if it was delivered by mistake to someone else.

us
    .......to the hilt!

May 2004
    north eastern new mexico
    garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
    55 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    you're worried they may of lost it? you should think that they may have stole it. yes i'm a cynic.

um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    2541 times
    I had the same thing happen to me last week actually, it did go to the neighbor. Luckily they are honest and walked it over when they got home. Good luck.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it.

us
    .......to the hilt!

May 2004
    north eastern new mexico
    garrett ace 250, white's dfx 300, garrett pro pointer (R.I.P. to my Garrett gta 500)
    55 times
    and some have the perfect life....birds chirping. sunshine, rainbows, and honest neighbors.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    This is a joke. The mailman..who is according to him a "substitute" driver just came back and said he went around and checked mailboxes and couldn't find it. I said "I wouldn't imagine you would find anything in the mailboxes considering you delivered the mail 4 hours ago. He said he shows that he scanned it at 11:04 but doesn't remember where he delivered it. I told him that he rode past here at 9:50 am and never stopped. So he just says, well if you find it call the office and let us know. I am suppose to ship this detector out but I'm not doing it without the money order and now the guy I sold it to probably thinks I just pocketed the money. Isn't there a way to verify that it has been cashed? Or a way to cancel it?

um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    2541 times
    If the guy that bought it has the stub. It's up to him to do this. Hopefully, it is a Postal Money Order? If it is he needs to complete and submit PS Form 6401 Money Order Inquiry at the Post Office. Once they complete a payment inquiry on the status of the money order, they’ll issue a replacement. It ain't gonna happen overnight though. I'd be down there making a formal complaint about the jack azz postman myself.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    If the guy that bought it has the stub. It's up to him to do this. Hopefully, it is a Postal Money Order? If it is he needs to complete and submit PS Form 6401 Money Order Inquiry at the Post Office. Once they complete a payment inquiry on the status of the money order, they’ll issue a replacement. It ain't gonna happen overnight though. I'd be down there making a formal complaint about the jack azz postman myself.
    It is a Postal Money Order. They just called back and said they don't have time to locate it today and to call back tomorrow.

um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    2541 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jrpoppapump View Post
    and some have the perfect life....birds chirping. sunshine, rainbows, and honest neighbors.
    If you only knew pal, you are obviously... Name:  clueless.gif
Views: 486
Size:  7.9 KB
    calisdad likes this.

us
    .......to the hilt!

May 2004
    north eastern new mexico
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by diggummup View Post
    If you only knew pal, you are obviously... Name:  clueless.gif
Views: 486
Size:  7.9 KB

no i'm not, there's plenty of clues to figure this one out... and it was meant as sarcasm...literal jim

us
    Jul 2008
    SC
    Minelab Sov- AT PRO
    55 times
    Sounds like the sub driver delivered to the wrong address. Happened to us a couple of months ago. He delivered it to the same number house on the street in front of ours. You might want to check and see if their is another house with the same numbers nearby. And hope they are honest.

um
    Jul 2004
    Broward Co.
    2541 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jrpoppapump View Post

no i'm not, there's plenty of clues to figure this one out... as evidenced by your avatar

and it was meant as sarcasm...literal jim obviously

Good luck Coinstrike, let us know the outcome.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    Thanks, will do. I am suppose to hear from them this morning but we'll see.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    Well it came today, of course it was delivered somewhere else and they apparently couldn't read the name and address on it as they decided to open it and write on it with a permanent marker "Opened by mistake"....Guess I can't complain since I got it back.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5939 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Coinstriking Michigan View Post
    Well it came today, of course it was delivered somewhere else and they apparently couldn't read the name and address on it as they decided to open it and write on it with a permanent marker "Opened by mistake"....Guess I can't complain since I got it back.

Well if they are like me, They open first & Only read the name if what's in it looks odd.

If it comes in my box, I take for granted it's for me,
    so Can't fault them, for the Postal carriers incompetence.

Glad you got it stuff like that causes me Mental worries when it happens to me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsors