Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Dec 2010
    234 times
    pizza and ice cream
    Banner Finds (1)

Your most expensive coin find...?

I have been looking at some coin prices lately and some are shocking. Makes me want to detect for a living. Are a lot of you finding 2 and 3 thousand or even more dollar coins very often. Whats your most expensive finds and how often does a hardcore detectorist find these expensive pieces.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Apr 2008
    Montana
    Curently the AT pro
    187 times
    Metal Detecting
    A month ago I found a Montana teratorial token that I sold the next day for 1500.00 I have found a few tokens in the past that I have sold from the 2 to 3 hundred range but that was by far my most expensive find to date.

Dec 2010
    234 times
    pizza and ice cream
    Banner Finds (1)
    nice...... I'm looking to get into detecting had a cheapy when i was a kid, found a lot of stuff with it though, but nothing real old or anything thanks for the reply i guess it was a kind of stupid question i'm sure its like I assume it to be you get what you put into it a little studying up on where to look and a lot of luck are probably the key factors. I wasn't inquiring to find out because i want to strike it rich i love to hunt for things but coming across big money items wouldn't hurt either and was just curious how often and what types of high dollar finds some tnetters come across .

us
    Apr 2008
    Montana
    Curently the AT pro
    187 times
    Metal Detecting
    For me its more about what cool thing will I find next that I havent found yet. This hobby for me anyway has mostly paid for itself except that I have changed machines a bunch of times but its the same with most hobbies it costs money but with this one you get a return. Hi dollar finds are rare but do happen but its mostly the accumulation of things found that make the difference.

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    929 times
    silver surfing
    Don't quit your day job!

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    I don't do it to make any money but my most valuable coin was probably an 1870 Indian Head.
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    929 times
    silver surfing
    My most expensive coin find = the day I drove 70 miles round trip, to dig a wheatie, two zinc pennies and a clad quarter. And that's no fib.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    1516 times
    Banner Finds (3)

I've gotten some silver coins that I sold for in the neighborhood of $500 to $700-ish, on ebay (Low S mint dimes and such). And I have some gold coins that, although not sold so far, would fetch into $1500 to $2000-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by SOHIO View Post
    I have been looking at some coin prices lately and some are shocking. Makes me want to detect for a living. Are a lot of you finding 2 and 3 thousand or even more dollar coins very often. Whats your most expensive finds and how often does a hardcore detectorist find these expensive pieces.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro....

Jan 2011
    New Orleans
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer, Whites Prism
    617 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    1861 gold dollar, (my avatar) sold for over 400$ I hated to let it go, but I needed the money. It's a shame it wasn't a "D" or it would have been around 35,000 in which case I'd have been laughing all the way to the bank, unless I had a heart attack finding it
    Last edited by NOLA_Ken; May 07, 2012 at 03:52 AM.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

Now in the process of posting my antique photo collection at : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors