my first argument

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
Just curious why several of you felt the need to assume the woman in question was a "lesbo"? How incredibly archaic of you to resort to such school-yard name calling. I don't agree with her point-of-view either, but just because she rides a motorcycle and speaks her mind doesn't necessarily make her a woman-loving woman. Let's get back to talking about metal detecting, shall we?

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First, She accomplished just what she wanted to do. She gave you a very bad Day.
He or in this case, She who Angers You, Controls You.
You lost that one big time, you were still angry hours later setting at the bar.
She went home to the old man and I am sure they had a good laugh at your expense. I got another today, you should have seen it!
This argument was with a hippie from the 60's? A true Hippie from the 60's would be at least 63 years old.
Metal Detecting is a Great Hobby, Enjoy It.
Happy Hunting

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So did she finally pedal away on her Chinese made bicycle????

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you wouldn't believe how much lead I remove from the ground and you can't tell me that ain't ruining the soil in the area, lead pipe for example is a very common find in the city. I have an ingot mold I picked up and I just mold it into ingots and sell it for scrap. It's good in my muzzle loaders too but it ends up back in the ground that way but a heck of a lot cheaper than buying the bullets.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Martha.jpg Enough is enough, I believe a few of you need to read TNet's Rules TreasureNet - Rules

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 633366 Enough is enough, I believe a few of you need to read TNet's Rules TreasureNet - Rules

agreed.

my thoughts, "Middle aged Hippie" ?

what is middle age, Born in the 70's ? Hippie from the 60's ?
I'm 56 (Past middle age to me, although I plan to,
I don't think I'll see 112) & in 1969 during woodstock, I was 14
hardly old enough to say I was a hippie back then. IMO
hippie wannabe maybe :dontknow:

now on to Hippie from the 60's, 70's whatever,
"sellout" would be the word I use for anyone who was into peace & love
that have gone to telling others how to run their lives. definitely not true hippies.
"yuppies" Maybe ? which means sellout to me.

OK My reaction to this "wanna-be Cop" I would have "yea, yea, auha :laughing7:, yep, your right !, okeedoke 'd"
her till she finally left & then I would have gone back to detecting :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait, wait, Jeff, don't sell me short just yet. Those AARP letters I get tell me 50's the new 40, so I figure 60's gonna be like the new 35 or somethin...face it, you and me both have probably reached the point where the things we eventually want to do far exceed the number of things we will actually do. I did not know this was a controversial post, but I probably would have told the old heifer to just call the cops.

curiousgeorge

Apr 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the vast majority of this thread is deeply hateful, misogynist, offensive and also off topic. If someone had not strayed from the topic (metal detecting) to talk about this person's perceived orientation, what she does in her free time/who she goes home to, and her political leanings, we all might have actually learned a bit more about how to behave as good citizens even when in an irritating argument. Instead, hate and negativity was promoted. Hopefully next time when someone is criticized, there won't be such an immature need for everyone to devolve to this level.

OP
OP
I

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let he who is free from sin cast the first stone...... i just see the same people scoffing at me, unless you lived a perfect, judge free life, stone me please. thats the point if the post silly people, judging my interaction with the earth when we all have some sort of direct or indirect interaction. again, if you never ever ever looked at someone and thought something about them, go ahead and throw

OP
OP
I

iamfree

May 1, 2012
nowhere
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here in new jersey, the most dense population in the country, its almost impossible to detect without 100 people walking past you at any given moment, almost anywhere....but good ol' historical NJ puts out the good stuff. but really there are people from all walks of life in every nook and cranny everywhere. and when dozens of walks of life pass you by, things stick out.... loosen up...:)

curiousgeorge

Apr 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure that there are guidelines for Treasurenet reminding us to stay on topic and also not use offensive language. No one here needs to "loosen up" as no one should take hateful/offensive speech lightly (tell that to the moderators!)

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
here in new jersey, the most dense population in the country, its almost impossible to detect without 100 people walking past you at any given moment, almost anywhere....but good ol' historical NJ puts out the good stuff. but really there are people from all walks of life in every nook and cranny everywhere. and when dozens of walks of life pass you by, things stick out.... loosen up...:)

No doubt.... I used to live in the hippie capital of the world (Eugene, OR) where politically correct is so far out of whack that people will accost you for growing the wrong kind of TREE on your own property.... I kid you not.

If a gal's a lesbo, or a pothead, or some hippy dippy chick, or whatever..... pretty easy to spot. Even easier to get your point across to other people using descriptive words to let them know the kind of person you're dealing with. Makes long, drawn out PC BS unecessary and gets to the point.

I think we're at an age where political correctness is so blase'. People get up in arms over next to nothing.

If the gals a lesbo, a pothead a hippy dippy chick, so be it.

Someday I'm gonna run for Miss Black Teen Texas, and if anybody questions it, they'll be labeled a racist! LOL!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me know when Jeffro, You have my vote :coffee2:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thjis is how to get rid of your anger monkeys

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got my vote Jeffro. Anything I can do to keep life interestin for all my cousins down in Texas. I don't like generic labels, but after studyin on it, turns out after all these years I could be labelled a lesbian.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im getting really tired of stupid people and Im starting to tell them what I think of them and getting great satisfaction from doing it. If the truth hurts...go see a therapist.

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im getting really tired of stupid people and Im starting to tell them what I think of them and getting great satisfaction from doing it. If the truth hurts...go see a therapist.

This. Far to many people nowadays just bottle up the anger and angst that is brought on by other people. I am not saying to go out with a piss poor attitude and tell everyone off, but if someone gets in your face or space for no reason or does not like the fact that you metal detect, tell them off in the worst way possible.

To many busy bodies these days think they can just come up to you and tell you metal detecting is wrong or illegal or they act like they have some authority. They don't. Make sure they know that as they walk away with their tail between their legs.

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
real hippies are more like 69 now but look like 35, ask any 18 year old woman. love, peace, happiness and freedom to detect all day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread