Heres one for the owners of the Net....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that is a great idea and will second that

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just me and just my personal opinion as a member not a mod, I wouldn't want it. I don't want to post on a map where I find stuff so others can go there and hunt that site.... I dont even revel what beach I hunt any longer, just report found gold "at the beach", I dont report what park or even what city I found gold rings at, just "park gives up ring".... Too much competition to give away the places where I find stuff.......But if others want the map so they can post, I will be happy to read it.....:laughing7:

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just me and just my personal opinion as a member not a mod, I wouldn't want it. I don't want to post on a map where I find stuff so others can go there and hunt that site.... I dont even revel what beach I hunt any longer, just report found gold "at the beach", I dont report what park or even what city I found gold rings at, just "park gives up ring".... Too much competition to give away the places where I find stuff.......But if others want the map so they can post, I will be happy to read it.....:laughing7:

i agree with that too but i think if anybody wanted to share there spots on a map for other people they should have a platform to do it me personally im not giving up my spots i can see both sides of it

Carolina Jack

Mar 19, 2012
The Carolinas
Detector(s) used
Minelab sovereign, Whites XLT, NEW E-TRAC, S&W .40 CAL, NRA MEMBER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with TH. If you want to map your finds thats alright with me, but I choose not to use that option. JMHO.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, no, no, nope, nope, nope. I feel the uneducated might see that sort of thing and rush right out there in search of easy riches, destroyin the area, and probably invokin my name in vain. Any of you guys want to know where I made finds I'm more than happy to tell you, and give you directions. More power to you if you do better than I did. There are a couple that due to my KGC affiliation, I can't even mention to you. Other than that, no X marks the spot dig here public treasure maps.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not into that at all. In fact, I don't even go hunting with anyone, ever. That's my time, my research, my personal space. I would never try to attract people to spots that I've hunted. When people start using the new Minelab with GPS do you think they'll be posting there results in map form so others can find the same spot within 2ft of where you were? I'm guessing not. Do you tell people where your fishing holes are? I certainly don't.

I have an idea TerryC. Maybe YOU should post a nice map leading all of US TNetter's to your honey hole. We know you've been holding out on us. OR is this a plot for YOU to find all of OUR sweet spots. We post our maps, a couple months from now you jump in your mini-van and make a treasure tour of the states. We'll be at work and you'll be hunting our favorite spots, laughing manically while filling your pockets with our silver and gold. BWAHAHAHAHA... We're on to you TerryC.

Just bustin' yer chops, man.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well both TTC and TH have points. Perhaps a map thats not so specific would be interesting. But then if civil war belt buckles start showing up in Hawaii....

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree with most. I hunt mostly beaches and generally see a few others Detecting also. Build a Map and they will Come....

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe a generic map, getting no more specific than the county/parish of the find. TTC

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only state and county.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread