Whats the deal with Kellyco? Never again.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Placed my order by by phone and once the sales rep had my card run simply gave me a total and said "Thanks, bye".

No order #... no nothing.

I called back the next day to get my order # and the operator was nice and sent me a PDF copy of my order with a ship date.

I called the next day to get the tracking # for my order since it says it was shipped. "Oh, no" sez the operator "that is on backorder."

Is this par for the course now? I never had a single issue with them before.... you think they might have let me know at my time of order that the product was back ordered. I guess that really isn't important to them.

Not going back to them after this one.... feels like the old bait and switch to me. I would have been ok with the back order status at the time of my order.... if they had been upfront with me about it and at least had the courtesy to give me my order details.

kronos1962

Greenie
May 15, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I placed my order via the internet I don’t remember seeing “Factory Now Shipping!” Below the “add to cart” button.

I got a call later that evening telling me they were out of stock and they asked me if I would like to speak to a sale person to help pick another detector.

It should have said “Out of Stock” below the “add to cart” button.

Sort of a play on words.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dealers and manufacturers are getting arrogant due to the increased business brought about by the current irresponsible crop of douchebag TV shows.

They are swimming in business, so they feel like they don't HAVE to care anymore.

OP
OP
Lakemonster

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kronos... that sux. They wanted you to pick another detector over filling your wants and needs? bahhh.. "how can I put you in a car today?" Know what I mean?

Diggin.... I get that... I called a place in Houston about the pricing on some of the machines. I got "Supply and demand, full retail.". Lets just say that my step dad who is in the market for a high end machine doesn't care to shop there now. I was calling to see if they had a machine that might suit his needs.

Bart or Mike would have been my call on this order... but alas Kellyco has a lock on the SEF product. Something needs to change, man. We arent buying sports cars here.... but we arent buying Snickers bars either... how bout some service?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread