Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heard a lot about Treasure Mountain, but not real familiar with that part of the state. Check out the Colorado forum here and maybe those rascals will wake up. I wanted to welcome y'all to Colorado. Get the chance, flatlanders, come see us up here in Summit County.

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Will do, I've been reading about treasure falls. We've been going to pagosa for 11 years and have hiked up to the falls. It's beautiful!! Will check in on the Colorado group. Actually I prefer to search for coins rather than ore or gold dust. Easier to dispose of.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, one more quick thing. Not in your area, but get the chance give Round Hill south of Poncha Pass a look. Just a great place in the history of Colorado treasure tales. I agree with you on that coins versus ore or dust. I can't count the times I've gone to the local convenience store with gold dust and had to wait forever for it to be weighed, when with a coin I could have been in and out. Hahaha! Jokin about that part.

OP
OP
K

khpony

May 29, 2006
Rociada, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I will look into it. Also just FYI.......I have several books on burried treasure in Colorado but the best book I have for studying is a Historical Atlas of Colorado. You ought to get one. It's a wealth of info going back into the 1500's and has many maps including old trails, forts, towns long gone, fur trader routes, spanish and french explorations, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread