Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jun 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What i understand about it is that Amercian Digger magazine........... Has no problem with Ric Savage and his way of hunting and doing his thing........... The problem with the magazine is they are afraid there sales will go down ............ So inside of sticking up for Savage they stuck it to him................... For this whole thing has a lynch mob mentality........Don't think for themselves just follow the crowd.......That is no one really wants to upset the majority they want every one to like them so don't upset the apple cart.............. Don't fool your self Ric Savage is a very knowledgeable hunter ......with a lot of experience................
How can we even respond to such as that? We listen to our readers, not our egos or a random post here or there. Our sales are not at issue. Keeping our readers happy is our goal, and from all acounts, we do pretty good at that.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
How can we even respond to such as that? We listen to our readers, not our egos or a random post here or there. Our sales are not at issue. Keeping our readers happy is our goal, and from all acounts, we do pretty good at that.
That what i said you are keeping your readers happy.......... At the same time you are putting money in the bank....... Seem's like a lot on here don't under stand that money makes the world go around............People don't have money become animals............. I know some that always said money it don't count...... Then always say money don't even think about it..............Then they lose there job and then a whole different story.............What am i going to do what is going to happen to us........ Then i think don't you worry... money means nothing to you............You see as long as you have it it means nothing to you............ But all of a sudden for some reason you don't have it well you see .......... So when ones tell me that they don't even think of money.... To me that is bull crap..............and the ones that say that is probably the ones that watch the dow every day.........

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
So if you run a business and don't try to make money, then you won't be in business mush longer.

I gotta order that mag. Sounds like good people to me.

sqzdog

Dec 28, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's TDI
Oh Keppy, you are the same one kissing the butts of the morons on the other relic hunting show. Its clear where your loyalties are..

Last edited by a moderator:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
sqzdog said:
Oh Keppy, you are the same one kissing the butts of the morons on the other relic hunting show. Its clear where your loyalties are..

LMAO

Last edited by a moderator:

Don57

Feb 7, 2009
Lindenhurst NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 6T / Prizm 9" Spider Coil / Prizm Mini DD Coil / Garretts Pro Pointer / Lesche trowel
Primary Interest:
Other
American Digger Magazine is great
American Digger tv show is crap

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People don't have money become animals.
Although it's like pulling teeth trying to read your post, I thought i'd pull out one statement and rephrase it for you, to make it a "less false" statement. It should have read- "People who have had lots of money and then lose it, become animals."

You see, when someone doesn't any have money to begin with... they can't change, they don't "become" anything, much less an animal. Just thought I'd clear that up for you so there were no misconceptions as to the true intent of your less than eloquent ramblings.

Money always counts, but money shouldn't "make the man," it doesn't define who you are as a person, if it does then you have bigger issues. I think you may actually agree with this... no?

Now, what this has to do with the magazine, I have yet to correlate. Maybe it's above my comprehension level, I don't know. What I do know is, the number one job of any business is to keep your customers happy, without them you don't exist. Obviously, you've never run a business.

Please, go back to the tv in the basement and watch some more reruns of American Digger until the next new episode comes on this week, since you love it so much.
I think I hear Ric calling for you... BOOM BABY!

OP
OP
kshollywood

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in a small town and when my honey holes were being denied to me because of the show it upset me, I am sorry to you for what I wrote but I went from having 30-40 places to hunt, down to 20 places because of the show. I am allowed to hunt antebellum homes that have never seen a metal detector to not being aloud to hunt them anymore because people watched the show and think they have a million dollars in their yard!!!! But they are coming around to the reality tv thing and they are realizing that the show was fake and I am getting my spots back. I wished everyone on here that doesn't like me or who thinks I was rude to think about this,,,, if you lost over half of your spots that you go to would you be upset??? The magazine doesn't have to opolagize for anything it's over and we can all move along, and the subscription was a gift from a family member so it's in their name. I hope we can now do some digging !!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good Kevin. I'm sure there is no one here who dislikes you for your comments. You have a right to your opinion. I can understand your frustration about losing detecting sites over that ridiculous show. You just went about it the wrong way and were maybe a little misinformed. Your short little one liner email was a little amusing I thought myself. I'm kind of surprised they actually responded to it. I doubt I would have. Anyway, good luck on getting back some of your sites and happy hunting.

PS- Be glad you don't live down here in S.Fl., you'd be lucky to have a small handfull of actual "good" sites other than looking for jewelry on the beach.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you live in a small town then everyone should know who you are so it shouldnt be a problem i live in a town of about 4000 peeps and they know who i am and what i do, sure ive gotten some no's but thats the buisness we are in. Ive had home owners keep things that i find in their yard but thats the buisness we are in. I watch anything i can find on tv and in magizines that have to do with treasure hunting cause thats the buisness im in.

OP
OP
kshollywood

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well what I forgot to mention was the places I go have land owners from 30-97 years of age and most of these homes have been in their family 150 years, so they are set in their ways and some people believe I will find a bullet worth thousands of dollars in the front yard of their antebellum and not tell them, they also think I will pull a back hoe on the property and ruin it.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
AD Magazine-

The basic premise was right on. The show, properly managed, would do very well.

Look at the successes of what's on now. Gold Rush / Pickers / Storage Wars / Pawn Stars and so forth.

I, as well as many other folks, enjoy the thrill of the hunt sprinkled with a little bit of a story line. The interaction of some of the principal characters are a key factor into the type of audience you wish to attract, which in my opinion are the same folks that enjoy the above listed entertainment.

You would need a gracious host(s), not some screaming lunatic in it for the money. I mean come on--- heavy equipment, removing structures, tearing down porches, busting up concrete; really?

Think of a couple, maybe in a class A motor home touring the country. They meet up with folks in clubs and go hunting. The great finds get turned over to the small town museum. We get to meet the folks in the little towns, see some great scenery, visit some wonderful small town American cafe's while the club members discuss the hunt.

The local club will have already secured permission to hunt a great site. That's covered.

We get to learn a little about the history of the locale, some of the folks, the mayor and his wife- talk about presenting a great image when that really great find gets displayed in city hall.

Make the show about people meeting new people. The kids, the pets, the picnic during the hunting lunch break.

Product placement, advertising... all the financial factors will be covered nicely. We will get a great family show and it will promote our hobby.

How about it? Can I set my DVR?

OP
OP
kshollywood

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
G.I.B. I agree with you 100% and could not have said it better myself !!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
kshollywood

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I meant G.I.B ,,, sorry

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It's all good Kevin. I'm sure there is no one here who dislikes you for your comments. You have a right to your opinion.
You have a right to your opinion......As long as diggummup agrees with that opinion...Then if diggummup does not agree with your opnion.............. He will attack you and try to make you look like a fool ........ he has done that to more than one here......

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keppy, we can agree on this one. Though I wouldn't use the word "attack" to descibe my actions when a disagreement is at hand. No one will ever accuse me of being a spineless conformist. Political correctness is one of the downfalls of this country, I will never be accused of such slather. I am opinionated and I say what I feel... get over it, I have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions