Should I upgrade my Bounty Hunter 3300? Budget is about $750

ace1968

May 21, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3000, ATPro, Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am considering an upgrade but don't know if it's really worth it. I like mine but it does seem to have trouble pin-pointing after the batteries go down any. Also I think I get a lot of false signals. It has been a good detector and I found a lot of stuff (crap and treasure). I live in North Alabama and primarily coin and relic hunt. Anyone had and BH 3300 and upgraded? Was it worth it? Which detector would you get under $800 or would you just stay with the BH.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would recommend the AT Pro.

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With that kind of funds to spend you have a lot to choose from.Do some research,read over some reviews.Good luck to ya...................................

tparker805

May 7, 2012
Ventura county
Detector(s) used
White's Xlt spectrum
Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
how much detecting do you do? what features are you looking for? like stevo said u have alot of research to do b 4 u buy a detector for 800

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a 3300 years ago when they cost $100 at Radio Shack. I played around with it for a little while, it paid for itself in a half a dozen uses in the dry sand at the beach. It was an okay little detector. I sold it after the price jumped to close to $300., made more selling it used than what I paid for it. I mainly beach hunt the last several years so I've went through a few different water machines since then. I would definitely upgrade from the 3300. Your gonna get all kinds of different responses. A good all around machine from what i've been reading is the Garrett AT Pro. Another good relic machine with fantastic depth is the Tesoro Tejon and you can't beat the lifetime warranty. The reason I mention these 2 machines is because one of them (or both) will be my next machine.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My detecting buddy has been using the Radio shack Bounty Hunter for years, the only thing he's done was buy a small 3 " head for it and made it waterproof. And he kicks my ass every time with it . I have the whites 1200 dollar mistake. Should have went with the radio shack 10 years ago and saved a grand but my ego is too big I guess.Live in NJ the trash state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread