Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Finds in Banner

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Seen posts in the Todays but no Banners.
    TOO BUSY TO DETECT, YOU'RE TOO BUSY!!!

'No good comes from thinking about how much time we waste detecting, as wasted time is good soul time' - me 25/06/08
    How do you find Gold coins? Reply: 'By finding lots of Silver ones..'
    A real man thinks about detecting every 6 seconds.
    'They look over their shoulder, I look to the ground.' 30/09/12
    We can not understand ourselves unless we understand our HISTORY.
    PMA:Positive MetalDetecting Attitude.

us
    Relic Hunter & Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mar 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2SE, Fisher 1266X, Garrett Propointer
    301 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Uuuuhh, it's a "Treasure Hunting Website" - just like the header says. Not a lot of Indian artifacts found with metal detectors. I'm not a "dowser" but it does intrigue me. I used some tree branch "rods" once with a friend in an attempt to locate a well. We both had the same action occur over the exact same spot - the branches swung in and met over the same spot. He's quite successful at finding water. That's the extent of my experience, but I'd be VERY interested in any nice finds using dowsing rods, assuming any exist.
    "A land without ruins is a land without memories -- a land without memories is a land without history." ~ Rev. Abram Joseph Ryan, Poet Laureate of the Confederacy

Visit
    Old Virginia Blog

Proud great-great grandson of three Confederate soldiers: John Meredith Crutchfield who served with the 60th Virginia, Maurice Coffey, & John McGann who both served with the 51st Virginia. Grandpa Crutchfield and Grandpa Coffey were both wounded and both served time in Yankee prisons.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
    857 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    It would seem if dowsing were true, than there would be finds posted here. If anybody can remember I would like to read it.

I imagine dowsing would work much in the same way arrowheads are found. The subconscious mind directs the wand to a possible productive area. Then again if you dig random holes, you are bound to find something.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8383 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    TreasureNet is not just for metal detectors, there are lots of treasures found not using a detector.
    stefen likes this.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Apr 2009
    Lowcountry, South Carolina
    Fisher goldbug pro DP, Fisher F75 LTD
    58 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hey Bigcypress,

Sorry didn't know you were a prolific poster here. I just know without detector sponsors and dealers paying the bills sites like this are toast Fisher , Garrett ,whites. Minelab Tesoro their money here goes towards metal detecting. I was under the assumption most here are detector users and I didn't think I was out of line when I said what I did, I meant no disrespect though. I was mostly thinking about the detector dealers and manufacturers that keep this site afloat.After I thought about it I' have seen Indian artifacts on the banner,and yes they are found without a detector. I just have no interest in it, as probably over 80 percent of the folks that come here don't. I like the detecting finds myself as probably a good majority do .No doubt thats why there aren't any dowsing finds up there , there's no interest in it. You have to admire your buddies though they have your back Hope you're not upset with me.

The Hun

us
    Relic Hunter & Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mar 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2SE, Fisher 1266X, Garrett Propointer
    301 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    What I experienced was not my "subconscious mind", I can assure you. I was very skeptical. But we both walked over the same spot, several times and from different approaches. Each time, the "rods" would slowly swing in and cross over the exact same spot.
    "A land without ruins is a land without memories -- a land without memories is a land without history." ~ Rev. Abram Joseph Ryan, Poet Laureate of the Confederacy

Visit
    Old Virginia Blog

Proud great-great grandson of three Confederate soldiers: John Meredith Crutchfield who served with the 60th Virginia, Maurice Coffey, & John McGann who both served with the 51st Virginia. Grandpa Crutchfield and Grandpa Coffey were both wounded and both served time in Yankee prisons.

Apr 2012
    Clark County Washington
    Tiger Shark 8" coil, Tejon 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones Whites TRX pointer Minelab Quattro, Garrett gold stinger
    210 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcypresshunter View Post
    I usually dont read the dowsing forums either but I have heard of stranger things happening. You may want to read this Pete. A Ouija Board was very much involved in the early TN. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ma...bout-marc.html Some things are unexplainable,

I was doing a little research and I ran across this on Wiki. It appears they are used at some checkpoints in the Middle East but I only know what I read. ADE 651 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia The Iraqi government is said to have spent 52m ($85m) on the devices

Maybe this thread will be moved but Im still hoping to see a dowsing find posted..
    Maybe the purchase of these devices by Iraq were to make sure that the weapons of mass destruction were well hidden and beyond detection!
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

us
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot zone
    Maybe the purchase of these devices by Iraq were to make sure that the weapons of mass destruction were well hidden and beyond detection!
    These devices or ones very similar we're also purchased by the Thai government. Like most government purchases here, there were also some hefty kickbacks as well. Those that made the purchases claimed they worked, so they tested their claims and believe it or not...they did not work. Big shocker. I know there are those out there that like to believe dowsing will work, but set up some double blind studies and see how many people can actually find items. As for water dowsing, I would be surprised if you took a large tract of land and the downers showed signs at the exact same location; unless of course one of the downers was watching the other. Then just like the Ouija board, the subconscious makes us think some outside force is acting upon us. Additionally, does the water table really vary that much in a confined area? Certainly if you travel some large distances it can vary, but I would think on a fairly small tract of land the water table would be close to the same depth. If anyone out there is an expert on geology, feel free to correct my water table statements. Also, if anyone can point to a true double blind study that shows dowsing is reliable, that would be of interest as well.

ez

us
    Jun 2007
    Southwest Michigan
    Made in U.S.A.
    225 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Personally I would be very glad to see someone post a thread on their dowsing finds. I have a friend who does it (water witch) and was taught by his father and his father was taught by his. There's really something to it I think, any instrument that costs $1000 better do something I'd think.

Nov 2007
    ,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
    2640 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    This is a subject I steer far from,but with water .......I do it....just about every day finding water lines and my job depends on it
    M.X.T , Tesoro Tejon

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    857 times
    I am sure there are a few finds here because even a blind squirrel will find a few nuts. I am kinda surprised at how very few finds there actually are posted. It seems the dowsers only want to brag about the possibilities but have very few results.

Here is one of the better links I read on dowsing The Military Dowsing Rod | Freaky Phenomena
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 18, 2012 at 05:26 PM.

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    857 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kuger View Post
    This is a subject I steer far from,but with water .......I do it....just about every day finding water lines and my job depends on it
    You use dowsing to find water lines?

Apr 2012
    Clark County Washington
    Tiger Shark 8" coil, Tejon 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones Whites TRX pointer Minelab Quattro, Garrett gold stinger
    210 times
    I wonder why myth busters have not tackled this one! It would at least have as much chance as the square wheel of being plausible.
    It's no wonder truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense. Mark Twain

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    857 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUSADER View Post
    Seen posts in the Todays but no Banners.
    Have you seen many and what did they find?

us
    Dec 2004
    South Florida
    857 times
    From my previous link: Name:  dowsingade.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  8.0 KB

The truth is that dowsing rods do work, but not in the literal sense. They "work" because they require only the slightest tilt of the hand to create a "hit." And we are far more perceptive creatures than we give ourselves credit for.

For example, the ADE 651 is geared for police officers and military patrols. These are people who are trained to the Nth degree in finding and dealing with things like bombs and currency smuggling. The only thing the ADE 651 is doing in this case is providing a conduit for the trained officer's subconscious to speak aloud, working on those instinctive snap judgments which can be so very accurate.

In fact, this is how traditional dowsing rods work, as well. An experienced dowser has had decades of practice and feedback, and has learned to "read" the terrain for signs of underground water. If only at a subconscious level.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dowsing Iraq.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	646544 Im sure the people who are smuggling or carrying contraband get nervous when this thing is pointed at them esp if they believe the contraption works. I wouldnt be surprised if the average Iraqi thinks they work but its only as good as the user.
    Last edited by Bigcypresshunter; Jun 18, 2012 at 05:29 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsors