Help with recognizing spike/nail

tinplate1925

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this item at a farm that dates back to the early 1700's. Appears to be a nail before 1790 but really not sure. Its huge and thick - which makes me think it is some sort of spike. Searched everywhere on the internet and only thing closely resembing it is a nail from Roman times. Could it be some sort of tent spike? Made of wrought iron.

thanks! find.jpg

Steveo

Jun 12, 2012
upstate Ny
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett gtp1350, Garrett ace150, Whites M6, Whites XLT, Whites QTX, Tesoro Silver Umax,
(RETIRED> ☆Whites Coinmaster TR, ☆Whites Coinmaster 2 TR AM)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would lean towards a tent stake by just looking at the head but that's just a big oh guess without getting my grubby lil hands on it.Good luck..................................................

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not sure why you need help, you recognize it as a spike/nail. The handy thing about it is you could use it for whatever you wanted. Use it to repair something, put up a tent, etc... Would it make it any less if some clown told you it was absolutely not a spike, just a big friggen nail? I think not... Nice find!:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions