Ear Buds

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondered if any of the crew uses ear buds in this hot weather. I haven't tried them out hunting but sound quality is good. They may be a little too loud since there is no limiter or volume control but sound much clearer tham my headphones. I am going to get a better pair of headphones in the near future but just a thought. I know they will be much more fragile in woods and brush but have to be much cooler in all this heat. I really would appreciate some input from anyone on subject. :dontknow:

Bunker

Apr 6, 2010
St. Pete, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used basic ear buds and wireless ear buds. Both seemed to work fine with great sound quality. Used the volume on the MD to control the sound. It helped a lot with the heat down here in Fl. The problem with the basic ear buds is the short length of the wire making it hard to place your MD down and recover your find. If you could find the right length extension wire that would help quite a bit.
Hope that helps.
Bunker

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate the input Bunker. My G2 doesn't have a volume control but I have to admit in just a quick test the sound quality is really good. My Klipsh S4's would be very fragile and expensive to kill but the mid priced Skull Candies may be the ticket. Tougher and more tangle free cord as well. They are actually louder than the Klipsh ( may be too loud ) and I think the cord will be long enough. May try them out this eve. If I kill em just out about $18. Loving my G2 so far and have been super impressed with all the sound variance in the 2 tones. Very noticible difference in the way iron and aluminum sound compared to coins, lead, and brasse etc. The G2 is still pretty new to me and can't believe how well it does in trash. Depth is much better than expected. Gonna pick up F75 as soon as I move my Spectrum but have really been impressed with G2. Just got to get better headphones now to take advantage of all it has to tell me.

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
! use ear buds in summer as well. I bought an extension cord for the buds at radio shack. That helped.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My husband found ear buds WITH volume control at Best Buy for around $39. Needs 1/4" to 1/8" stereo adapter (available at RadioShack for short money) to work properly with a detector. He uses an M6 and the buds work great with it. In fact, he prefers these to headphones especially when he's wearing a baseball cap as they are much cooler. Only drawback is that the cord is a bit short. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will check out best buy....thanks AC1955

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread