Metal Detector As Carry On?

Pepperlizard

Jun 17, 2012
Valhalla
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm leaving to go home from cali to illinois tomorrow, and I need to take my metal detector home with me. I can ship it home, but Because of the dimensions of the box that it came in it qualifies for a overhead carry on. Though I'm not sure if the TSA will let me take it on the plane even if it is turned off with the batteries removed. Can anyone give me some insight?

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
pack the shaft in your luggage and the electronics in your carry on. If you aren't taking checked luggage you are out of luck!! I travel with mine alot and it is not a problem.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recommend that you go with Debbie's suggestion. Last month I packed mine (no batteries) in a large suitcase with clothes around it . Got it off the carousel and noticed the bright red tag from the TSA that it had been inspected. When I got to my destination and installed batteries it did not work, even after installing a different set of batteries. Nothing, completely dead! Good thing it was only my old backup detector.

OP
OP
Pepperlizard

Pepperlizard

Jun 17, 2012
Valhalla
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I have everything it came with packed up in the box it came in and the box's dimensions is accepted as an overhead carry on do I need to split it up?

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should also bring the owners manuel so you can show what it is and what its used for.Good luck.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread