Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Gold Tour Scammer Busted At The weekend Tourist Market"

Hi everyone, i thought i would mention this story of a scammer that was at the Tourist Market, which is held at the new showgrounds ,once a month.Well my son{jake} goes to this market to do Card game trading.After i dropped him off, i decided to go for a lookie,for something to do.Lots of stalls and stands selling fresh produce and craft items.Well a got about half around the market and i spotted some m.ds leaning against this van,behind a table.Thinking this looks interesting, mit go check it out.Nice collection of home-made books for sale and awsome looking relics in display cases.Quite impressive.The bloke running the stand had about a dozen or so people listening to him, explain about his adventures.He had been mding around a Australia for 16 years.So i just listened for a while and when the others moved away from the table,i moved i for a better look.

First i was having a quick look at his books for sale and on the second page was a picture of a chinese miner that came straight of a book by Douglas Stone [famous aussie gold mder] I thought thats odd and read a few of the texts for the book, they to where from the same book word for word.

By this time the bloke came up to me and started to talk to me."you sort of interested in going on a gold tour with me"I had said no-thing about being a mder.Well i had to hear this one. ;D ;D ;D.So i listened to his stories for about 10 minutes.Gee this bloke could to sell banana skin to anybody.He reached i to his pocket and showed me 5 gold nuggets all about 1oz to 2oz.My eyes fell out of head.I asked where he had found them.

"i found these gold nuggets at the top of the gully, about half a mile from the show grounds"Busted big time, first that ridge is called The JackAss and got its name from the goldminers who knew there was no gold there.There no ancient waterways or shallow or deep leads and not even a saddle quarzt reef there.Also it was mded back 20 years a go for relics and bottle diggers.

Also the nuggets he had where not the same as local gold.These where solid looking and local gold has that honey-comb look about it.So i still didn,t let on that i m.d.Gee he had about 6 different m.ds on display and not one of them showed ware on the underneath of the coils.the ground around here has a lot of sharp quartz and slates which always mark the coil.So i let him go on for a bout another 5 minutes.

I asked how much to go mding for a day trip $500 dollar and that included lunch.I wanted to know why so much,got i,m best so you have to pay and guaranteed returns.I asked where "local forrest." he replied.

His van was a 1969 wv comi van that he reckons he took into 4 wheel drive country.There was no ware or tare from traveling.His bloke was a real joke and i just walked away.

Well the next month he was back at the market,here he was was telling big tales and sucking people in.So i couldn,t help myself .

I walked over too the stand and there was a few people there.I got started big time.

"Hey You"those md s have never been used" and the gold you showing didn,t come from around here and your books are a rip off of others hard work
"There little gold to be found in the local forrest unless your spiking the ground"Your not from around here and you don't know what your talking
about."

Theres 2 Gold tour family companies in my town and they go to alot of expence to ran their ventures legally and just make a living.They charge about $150 a day trip and that includes lunch.I never heard anyone ever give them a bad rap.

Well this bloke got a little angry,well he went off his head at me and called me every thing one could think of. ;D ;D ;D Gee he seemed to scare away the people.Seems i did complete the task at hand with his help.I know everyone has a right to make a crust but this was just a plain scamming bum from who knows ware.Our hobbie doesn,t not need these people and we don,t need them.He has not been back to market since that time.yes the fact is if he had taken a swing at me,i would have given him a good hammering.I know A.P you have given some good advice on "Mellow Out" but not with these sort of crooks.

I don,t know if i did the right thing ,i think its time to make a stand.I,m very interested in your views in what i did.Soon i going to run a post about crook archaeologist and a local university teacher has had a short story published about me too  ;D ;D ;D You will have a real laugh when i post it and he even mailed me a copy to use.

Tinpan "flatout like a lizard drinking"

theloadroom

Oct 17, 2006
SW Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 probe
Re: "Gold Tour Scammer Busted At The weekend Tourist Market"

tinpan YOU ARE THE MAN!!!! ROFLMAO ;D You did the only right thing! Dirtbags allways need a 'kickin' when they poke there heads up outa the dirt hole they came from! You need to give the other guides a heads up description of the guy so he'll maybe have fewer places to pawn off his bull*&% on the unsuspecting public! We don't need that kind of publicity! WTG ;)

Treasure-Diver

Feb 8, 2005
Houston, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE W/ SunRay X-1 Probe
BH Pioneer 505
Fisher Impulse UW Pulse Ind.
Fisher F2

Way to go Tinpan!!! This guy sounds like a real loser! Hustling people out of money for bogus gold hunting trips and stealing other writers works. I think I would be inclinded to drop the real authors a line and let them know their work is being stolen. A heads up to the local law enforcement might be a good idea as well. Those scammers really give MD'ers a bad name. Great work on calling this guy down on his scam. You probably saved some people a lot of hard earned bucks. Way to go! HH

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

we have a saying here in the states should have
"taken him for a ride instead"' 8)

tabfinder

Jul 9, 2006
Midwest
Detector(s) used
Nocta Simplex

Good job tin.....everytime he pokes his head up....do just like Whack-a-mole......let him have it again!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Man you're mad as a snake! ;D ;) Great job having him make himself look bad! People who take advantage of others lack of knowledge and scam hard earned dollars MAKE ME CRINGE! I think your self control should be commended. Kudos to you.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you're the man tinpan

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

Nice job Tinpan. This hobby does not need scammers and fakes. You did a very good thing.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

You did good, Tinny! I'd be sure to give those 2 tour companies the head's up on this bloke. Maybe give 'im a tour of the Outback. ;)

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Baron Von De Kalb said:
we have a saying here in the states should have
"taken him for a ride instead"' 8)

;D

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now now, boys. Easy does it. You gotta be gentle in times like these. Take it slow, squeeze hard and when the life begins run outta him ease your foot of his neck so you can hear him choke as the color drains outta his face. Then he'll be sorry. >:(

Nice job. People like that need to be called out once in a while. I had to say something in front of the girl scouts and their leader cuz my boys were doin all the work while they cuddled up for a meeting. Sometimes you gotta call 'em out to get 'em out.

Laater...

papa

Sep 21, 2006

He need a swift kick in the gas pan. Wounder if he will head south ??? Naw,I ain't that lucky ;D

D

damz68

I dont know why but I get the feeling you are in Australia? I imagine that sort of behavior is not that common over there. You would have a blast in the states, it seems that every other person is like that here. Scamers are so common in the US that you just learn to ignore and live with it. On the east coast we have several pay to pan areas and all of them salt the sand.

Dont question yourself on if you did the right thing, you did. You should change your name fron Tinpan to Tiapan!

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi damz,there's just as many scammers here as any where else.most are to clever to get busted.This clown was easy pickings so i gave him a bit.bet ya he's set up camp somewhere else and still scamming. >:( >:( >:(

Tinpan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread