Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's DFX purchase

3 Questions:

1: Does anybody know where the best price for a White's DFX is?
I went to Kellycodetectors and you have to call for a price...why don't they just put it on the darn page.
Any help would be appreciated.

2: Also is it true White's are coming out with a new DFX very soon (like next month?)?

3: Has anybody upgraded(?) from a ACE 250 to a DFX and their opinion

thanks

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: White's DFX purchase

OKIE: The Kellyco catalog i've got say's $949.95 for the DFX! Maybe you could try eBay!

Good Luck! Joe

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark

I purchased my DFX for 720$ (shipping included) with ebay. however i was lucky to have a great seller. their are a few problems with ebay. first, lots of sellers only except money orders and that allot of money to send away to someone you don't know. i sent the money order sent it as certified mail so i could at least see when and where the seller received my money. hope this helps

S

SouthCarolinaTeacher

Why would White's come out with a new DFX when this one is comparatively new to begin with? The Technology used is second to none, so I doubt they are going to come out with one anytime soon.

As far as pricing, if you are looking to get a bargain on a DFX, I would be cautious. The lower the price, the better the chance there is going to be something wrong with it. Sometimes dealers have deals on used detectors. If you are looking for BRAND NEW, then go with a dealer.

I, personally, would not buy anything from Kellyco. Too many horror stories. In Particular, their customer service isn't all that great. But, I haven't bought from them, so I wouldn't know.

I got my XLT from eBay for 600, Brand New in unopened box. It's a lot of money to send through ebay, that's why I only buy from sellers with PayPal. Atleast if you don't receive your item, paypal will get your money back.

Just my 2 Civil War buttons,
Ian

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

SouthCarolinaTeacher said:
. It's a lot of money to send through ebay, that's why I only buy from sellers with PayPal. Atleast if you don't receive your item, paypal will get your money back.
Ian
Just because you have paid with Paypal it doesnt guarantee you will get your item or your money back, I been taken a couple of times on Ebay and Paypal wasnt a bit of help either time. In one instance I had to have my bank cancel their payment to Paypal which made Paypal mad as hell and they locked my account. In the second instance my naive wife bought an Xbox from a guy who had 10 feedback and was selling 50 of them. After not receiving the item and researching his history it was obvious he had ripped us all off. Payal did absolutely nothing for us. There is a catch 22 between the time you are allowed to file a claim with Ebay and with Paypal,its very nasty but check the fine print. A group of the people that got ripped off all banned together and filed a complaint with the Dade County(the sellers home co.) prosecutors office but I think their hands were tied because of the internet being basically a lawless land,sort of like the old west. Anyway we never recoverd a dime or an Xbox and we dont count on Paypal or Ebay to bail us out ever. I heavily research any seller Im looking to buy from,Ive even been known to call one or two at home after emailing them for their phone number. Buyer beware,research your seller you will be fine.

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

My wife has had good luck on e-bay purchases, not so with me. Haven't had a problem with Kellyco, but then, I've only made one purchase from them, and everything went well. We all want to "save big bucks" on our purchases when possible, right? With that in mind, I just purchased a DFX from a local store - sure, I payed near full retail, but now I have a live body I can go to with questions, problems, etc., plus, I was there when the box was opened for the first time, and the guy set up the machine and took me outside with the sample strips so I got a hint of what the hits would sound like. Support your local shops - they are your friends and are there to help!

Tourezrick
happy customer

S

stloutom

I just bought a used one locally for $500. It appears to be in quite good condition. I've had it for exactly 14 hours, though, and its greatness hasn't been realized. Yet.

I used to be a eBay fanatic. Then PayPal decided to turn evil on me. (There are thousands of stories similar to mine.) I've written them off forever. Your mileage may vary, but I'm a Craigslist only kinda guy from here on out. I got my DFX off of Craigslist from a nice fellow with money problems and too many detectors.

S

sendin

Got my used XLT from Craigslist. Met the seller at the Home Depot parking lot - turned the XLT on, paid him cash.

I've been lucky with E-Bay and Pay-Pal so far, but I always check to see if I can get whatever on Craigslist first.

detectoraddict

Aug 3, 2004
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, F-75

Whites will be discontinueing the xlt and coming out with a couple new matrix machines. The dfx is not being discontinued. There are a lot of dealers who will wheel and deal on Whites. They just can't advertise their price cause Whites does not allow it.

OP
OP
A

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

detectoraddict said:
Whites will be discontinueing the xlt and coming out with a couple new matrix machines. The dfx is not being discontinued. There are a lot of dealers who will wheel and deal on Whites. They just can't advertise their price cause Whites does not allow it.

I wonder why the XLT?
I wish I new some of those dealers because I can only find $949.95 for DFX & 749.95 for XLT..... :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread