Need advise

aqua-nomics.com

Jul 19, 2012
Anybody know exact laws for Georgia? I can't find them on the Internet anywhere? I got ran out of a public park by a fish and game officer??? WTH? He says it is illegal to detect anywhere in Georgia except at your own house.
I video taped the whole thing with my phone so if I'm right and he's wrong I will get him reprimanded.
Anyone know?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the Georgia section of our forum..... I know it is illegal in all state parks in Ga, but they can't stop you from hunting private property.. It is also legal on the beaches .....

Here is a hot link to the Georgia part of our forum....Georgia

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York.

Here is my advice. Put your freaking video camera away, say "Yes Sir," and leave.

You need to use your head as well as your machine. If you are going to detect in a heavily used and patrolled public park, you need to be there at first light, and leave by 7:30 am. If you feel the need to rely on US to tell YOU what the laws are where you live, in my opinion you are in the wrong hobby.

Now, I know a lot of you are going to say I am being too harsh - or maybe even a complete ***hole. I can understand that. What I don't understand, is how so MANY newbies and veteran hobbyists alike, think it is OK, or even their "right" to detect a busy park, totlot or beach, at the busiest times of day. I have been in a park with my kids at 10am, and watched a guy swinging in between the picnic blankets and digging holes two-feet from folks trying to enjoy themselves. Same thing at the beach with morons detecting in the dry sand literally right next to people, their blankets and chairs! Is it any wonder most of the population thinks our hobby is rapacious and predatory?

If you can’t figure out what is wrong or right, legal or illegal all by yourself, then find another hobby. Yes, I know I sound frustrated, because I am. Common sense people, common sense! OK, I’m putting on my flame ******ing underwear and readying myself for the discourse that is sure to follow.

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from White Plains, New York.

Here is my advice. Put your freaking video camera away, say "Yes Sir," and leave.

You need to use your head as well as your machine. If you are going to detect in a heavily used and patrolled public park, you need to be there at first light, and leave by 7:30 am. If you feel the need to rely on US to tell YOU what the laws are where you live, in my opinion you are in the wrong hobby.

Now, I know a lot of you are going to say I am being too harsh - or maybe even a complete ***hole. I can understand that. What I don't understand, is how so MANY newbies and veteran hobbyists alike, think it is OK, or even their "right" to detect a busy park, totlot or beach, at the busiest times of day. I have been in a park with my kids at 10am, and watched a guy swinging in between the picnic blankets and digging holes two-feet from folks trying to enjoy themselves. Same thing at the beach with morons detecting in the dry sand literally right next to people, their blankets and chairs! Is it any wonder most of the population thinks our hobby is rapacious and predatory?

If you can’t figure out what is wrong or right, legal or illegal all by yourself, then find another hobby. Yes, I know I sound frustrated, because I am. Common sense people, common sense! OK, I’m putting on my flame ******ing underwear and readying myself for the discourse that is sure to follow.

Ok, I'm coming after you in your flaming underwear, but not in the way that you'd think : )

I agree with what you are saying though I'm not sure I'd have the cajones to say it the way that you did. I do appreciate the straight forward approach and although I am not sure that this thread required that level of "advice", I'm glad you said it. It needs to be said, over and over again.

Aqua-nomics, in a nutshell what Terry is saying is to READ READ READ and LEARN LEARN LEARN-which is what you are doing by coming to this website.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread