vx3 up grading to an e trac for more silver

lowandslow

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2012
tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, i have been detecting for a year now with my vx3 and only found one silver quarter.i hunt on sights thats old enough to hold silver,but not having any luck.i am digging coins that are 60s and 70s in these areas (60s being pennies). I am going to get a minelab e trac to help with this problem,i hope,.i watch youtube videos with people useing the e trac and finding lots of silver.so i guess my question is is the e trac realy that good at finding silver. i know you haft to learn the detector very well and i think i have done that with the vx3.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
lowandslow said:
hi, i have been detecting for a year now with my vx3 and only found one silver quarter.i hunt on sights thats old enough to hold silver,but not having any luck.i am digging coins that are 60s and 70s in these areas (60s being pennies). I am going to get a minelab e trac to help with this problem,i hope,.i watch youtube videos with people useing the e trac and finding lots of silver.so i guess my question is is the e trac realy that good at finding silver. i know you haft to learn the detector very well and i think i have done that with the vx3.

There is so much I could say here but I won't. Good luck with a E-track. LMAO

Last edited:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected side by side with a guy that had an etrac...our finds were darn near identical. Be cheaper to change sites than machines. You'll hear this a lot...if there ain't no silver there, you're not gonna find any.Some of us have been detecting 30 years plus....good chance your sites have been pounded by others.
Very first coins I found with my Vision (earlier version of your V3i) were old silver dimes in a "worked out" park.
I dunno...took me a year to master a 6000DiPro. You're pretty good mastering the V3i in a year.

Al

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are many good programs on the Whites Forum to make the VX3 run hotter. Hopefully you tried them! You will get a good work out with the extra weight of the E-trac. Good luck with the learning curve on that one.

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've read on here from E-trac owners you are guaranteed to find more silver with the E-trac than any other machine. Ever. No matter what. Period. Seriously though, I'm sure your detector can get at least 6-8" on silver so it really comes down to location location location.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I hear the E-trac is an awesome machine......but.......gotta get the coil over it no matter what machine you use. I have been on the worst coin drought ever but still finding penny buttons, bullets, harmonica reeds at good depths. Hard not to get discouraged but I think I just have not passed the coil over any good coins. My G2 is supposed to be a little weaker on silver but see way to many posts of silver dug by relic hunters with it to think it is an issue. If you have lost faith in your machine a change may do ya good. Just know the whites are coin demons and are the primary machine used by some of the best hunters out there. Let us know how the E-trac compares.:icon_thumleft:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, If you really want to try a Minelab you should jump to the CTX3030. But I don't know if it will improve your silver count. Frank

Attachments

• coins_0002 H 5 peso.jpg
    coins_0002 H 5 peso.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 246
  • coins_0003 T 5 peso_edited-2.jpg
    coins_0003 T 5 peso_edited-2.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 205

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gotta be over that silver before you can dig it, changing machines ain`t do that for you.
Why waste you money when you already have a great detector, learn to use it better first.
Not being smart here, just trying to help.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Agreed that the etrack will bring home nothing more than a big sales bill. The vx3 is among the best detectors in the market, and an etrack will not find anything more than you could find with the vx3.
What coil are u using? Before changing detector you could try swapping the coil.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
norbyx said:
Agreed that the etrack will bring home nothing more than a big sales bill. The vx3 is among the best detectors in the market, and an etrack will not find anything more than you could find with the vx3.
What coil are u using? Before changing detector you could try swapping the coil.

Yep, you have a good machine.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I decided not to upgrade my Explorer, when I consider that's a hefty price tag to just be digging $2 silver dimes.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think once/if you learn the e-trac you would be surprised how much silver
you would be pulling.

of course I am only going by my experience with Explorers since they first came out.

and I have no experience at all on The vx3

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lowandslow

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2012
tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much for your vx3?
im not going to sell my vx3,its a great detector. i sold my ace and some extra coils,ect. so i could buy a used e trac. i just wont to try one. if i didnt like it, resale is still good on one. im useing 6x10 dd right now, but have used the 10dd but it overloaded all the time,it may have been bad but never found anything with it. i also have the 9.5. thank for all the replies.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well like others have said it has to be there first in order to find it i dont care if you buy a million dollar machine if its not there its just not there sorry but throwing more money at something in hoping you might get a better result isnt a very good idea H.H.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dug up 7 silver in 4 months with a 44 dollar metal detector lol. I will trade youlol . I just picked up a whites classic 2 for 70$ this machine has to be at least 10 years old and I have found for silver dimes in less than a month in a so called hunted out Park. HH

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes i always thought it was a pretty dumb idea to spend $1400.00 for a detector to find a couple of silver dimes........... Go to a coin dealer and buy some ...Save your self some money................ Like others have said no matter how much you pay for your detector ..... If it is not under the coil you will not find it....... To much hype on those high price detectors that really is not true.......... But a lot fall for the hype.........

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
lowandslow said:
im not going to sell my vx3,its a great detector. i sold my ace and some extra coils,ect. so i could buy a used e trac. i just wont to try one. if i didnt like it, resale is still good on one. im useing 6x10 dd right now, but have used the 10dd but it overloaded all the time,it may have been bad but never found anything with it. i also have the 9.5. thank for all the replies.

There is a very easy way to test a coil. Put it in the air, crank up the sensitivity to the max put the tx boost and check the signal number on the screen, if it goes over 50 the coil is bad, if it overloads it is very bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions