Philippine treasure or not

ahoy53

Aug 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone.
I have not seen this,but on our property in the Philippines,workers came across a concrete cover.After removing it,there was a hole,not deep with another concrete cover with an arrow sign on it.This stuff was unbreakable.
Does anyone have advice on breaking into it.
The hole is cover up for now because they dont want to attract attention.
Regards
George

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
ahoy53 said:
Hi Everyone.
I have not seen this,but on our property in the Philippines,workers came across a concrete cover.After removing it,there was a hole,not deep with another concrete cover with an arrow sign on it.This stuff was unbreakable.
Regards
George

That's a fine question. I am sure a expert will chime in soon.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
although nothing is unbreakable if you have the right tools
& I suppose it's possible to be connected to a cache.

My guess the cover was just that a Cover or a Ceiling & the
bottom a Floor. other then to say Dig where the arrow is pointing if not made of concrete
and see what you find, I'd guess it was most likely just a Hiding or storage bin of some type.

Good Luck ! Hopefully I'm wrong.

you can always dig around it, if it's another slab & Lift it up

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
You could try explosives! Might be something left over from WW2. Maybe an arsenal. On second thought a Jack hammer might be safer.

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any commercial concrete saw/blade will cut through.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get some red Danger tape and barricade all around the area. Have you and your buds wear hard hats, look like workers and if anyone asks what your doing just tell them working on septic or electric???? Have your ashowl near by( that's Dog in Philippine language) just incase of trouble. And a machine gun wouldn't hurt. Be careful digging, could be dangerous! :)

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and to answer your question in the subject line...Not.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You could try explosives! Might be something left over from WW2. Maybe an arsenal. On second thought a Jack hammer might be safer.

I believe you are correct.And the jackhammer choice is probably a good one. Seems I've read about finds like this before.

GUESS-WHO

Mar 27, 2010
Hi Everyone.
Regards
George

The Japanese had a contract with the Germans during WWII to make bunker grade concrete. There are many ways to penetrate this, such as carbide or diamond drill bits or saw blades, a device called the boulder buster, thermite enhanced with magnesium, or Bristar which you can get in Manila. Good idea to get the best history going back to WWII for several reasons, not wasting your time on a septic tank made more recently, booby traps, etc. If you have good history, I suggest BRISTAR.

Ogie

Tenderfoot
Jul 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That can be broken by dynamite. Just make a small hole about an inch in diameter and 10 inches deep depending on how thick the cement is then insert the dynamite inside, you have to compress it very well then fill up the remaining hole with clay then cover it with 2 or 3 sacks of soil. It will not make a loud sound as long as it is done properly. There must be something inside specially if there is markings on it. If you need help in breaking it you can contact me as long as it is near in Baguio City.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread