How much television do you watch per day

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
How much television do you watch per day.Be honest now.Do you sit in front of the tv for endless hours or,is it a few hours a day or night.Either way I bet that you didnt know that while you watch tv half of your brain shuts down.Thats right,my guess is thats the reason subliminal messaging can be so effective.Subliminal messaging does exist and is being used.In the past 6 years i might have watched 4 months of television,I dont miss it,could care less about it.Funny thing is,is after not watching the trash they call tv for a while,you actually begin to think quite a bit clearer,the longer you stay away the better it gets.Though it isnt an overnight process.Funny isnt it.Now you know why its called the idiot box or the boob tube.Think about it.:wink:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the subliminal messages were ordering you to stop watching TV, before you ruined it for others :laughing9:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I watch, but all I ever see are commercials. They make me want to buy the oven, the knife that cuts steel, the beer, no wait, I buy the beer anyway. I love commercials. I want to hire every lawyer, sue every company, buy life insurance, buy a burial plot for me and my cat, go on weight watchers, drink Dr. Pepper, eat at McDonalds. They control my life, I need them, I have no problems, I have no problems, I have no problwmssss...

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1hr during weak days. much more on weekends

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What was the question again.... Wait, let me turn down the volume on theTV. Now, what were you talking.... Excuse me, I gotta change the TV channel.. Now, what were we discussing?.. Oh, wait a minute, I just love this commercial... Now, back to your question.. I forgot.. :BangHead:

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only show I watch is "Survivor" and if I'm not home, I'll watch it on the computer. I always tell people what a waste of valuable life sitting in front of a tv is. Now my daughter, she'll be watching tv 12 hours a day. Which is why this generation is lowering the life expectancy.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past 6 years.......ZERO! In the past 20 years.....A couple of hours!
What bugs me even more is the new zombie nation that can't stop staring at their telecommunication devices. Even old people are texting and scrolling on their phones now.
I watched a girl walk right into a pole because she couldn't take her eyes off her crackberry. ::)
Last time I had a party around the fire, and when there was a lull in the conversation, I looked over to see 9 glowing screens instead of someone making an effort to start talking.
It will get worse I'm sure.
Glad to see you posting here again James! I like your style.:icon_thumright:
Cheers,
Dave.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Muddy:occasion14:Right back at you.Yeah it is a shame when the only thing a lot of people look forward to is the next piece of technology to come out,so they can further rot their brain and lobotomize themselves a little more.What really kills me is the sheeple standing in line for hours in front of a store,if not camping out,to get a new cell phone that comes out.Then if the store runs out of stock theyre willing to pay ten times the market price to get one.Pathetic,really very pathetic.Can you say ZOMBIES:laughing9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends on the day some days 30 minutes
others days maybe 3 hours :dontknow:

but it's usually at 1 or 2 am when i get up & watch what I taped the day/night before
this way I can fast forward through the commercials & crap to make 1 hour last 30 minutes

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
depends on the day some days 30 minutes
others days maybe 3 hours :dontknow:

but it's usually at 1 or 2 am when i get up & watch what I taped the day/night before
this way I can fast forward through the commercials & crap ake 1 hour last 30 minutes

I'm same way Jeff, I DVR everything I watch so I can fast forward through commercials. I only watch sporting events live. Even radio is same. I listen to Slacker radio on smartphone that feeds into my stereo system. I have 28 play lists so far and no commercials.. only thing I listen to on radio that has commercials is Neil Bortz and Shawn Hennessey. .

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I end up watching TV at least 12 hours a week while I am having dialysis. At home I have a Ruko box that streams video's to my set for free.

Last edited:

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I end up watching TV at least 12 hours a week while I am having dialysis. At home I have a Ruko box that streams video's to my set for free.
Awe,Mr.Sandman I'm gonna pray for your Health,so much get better so maybe you can get off of dialysis:icon_thumright:,,HH:hello:

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel so quilty now. I watch too much TV I guess. Mostly which is TV shows like History, Travel Channel, and anything that has to do with LEARNING. Reality TV is horrible and I get tired of feeling forced to go out and buy things I don't need or cars and things I can't afford. But, on the better side. . . We just added a new member to our family. His name is Shadow and he is an extremely smart, male, white german shepherd/wolf mix. (BIG dog!!) He is now going to be my new prospecting buddy and I can't wait to take him along on our adventures. Now I have even more of a reason to NOT watch TV.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4+ hours a day. Most of the time it is Netflix so 2 movies would add up to about 4 hours.

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't watched TV regularly for over 20 years, but only because it bores me. Once in awhile I'll watch a show (pre-recorded) but not often. Reading books and surfing the net...well that's a different story, hahah!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like others i dvr all the shows i want to watch.... so they do not get in the way of real life things i have to do.... then when i get free time i watch my shows

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
The national average is about 34 hours a week.

I watch a ball game now and then, that's about it. I watch movies (on DVD) once in a while, but I've gone weeks without turning it on and I don't notice it's gone.

People ask me how I find the time to do all the things I do (write books, record podcasts, run softball teams, write on message boards (!)), and I tell them that by keeping the TV turned off I've automatically got 34 more hours a week than they do.

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NFL football, Nascar, History channel, Discovery & the weather channel to check out detecting weather, there is nothing else I care to watch.
All told, a few hours a week.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... With no one watching TV, I just wonder how they manage to sell several million units per year :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

And yet, many of these same people that don't watch TV have comments about metal detecting shows, now that is a miracle :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread