Hitting the Coil, but what should I do about this??

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are always trying to get noticed. If I see a hot chick or some dude in a flashy car, I pretend they don't even exist. I mean not even look at all. Before you know it, they are both looking at me thinking....."Please notice my good looks" or "please notice my shiny piece of metal that's a waste of money."
It's the same with the pestilence we face detecting. Don't even give them the time of day. Completely ignore them and soon they'll feel like a fool because their pettiness has no effect.
Flip them the bird and they'll feel satisfied that they got under your skin.
I know, it's tough being a tourist attraction. But most people are simpletons and can't resist staring or opening their mouths.
You could loosen up your pants and dig every signal with your back facing traffic, as to give them something to stare at.
Then they'll know what they can kiss.....
Yes, I've been drinking. :occasion14:
Cheers,
Dave.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Kid, you can do a couple of things. First, you can moon them. At 6'3" 275, it would be a full moon. But cops tend to frown on this. So go find some decent lookin chick, stick her in a great outfit(I prefer the little, short schoolgirl skirt) and let them yell all they want. Won't be anybody noticing you at all. And the closer to 5' the chick is, the more you will disappear...

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Along with the vest and Hard Hat,you could tape a plastic bottle that looks like a can of spray paint near the bottom of your detector.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm doing a sidewalk ---> Curb tear out along boulevards for about 5 blocks. It's on the main street of town. Constantly having to put up with people yelling stupid things from there window (mainly highschoolers). Any advice besides the flip them off technique?

Do not let the hecklers get you in a lather. Don't flip anyone off, nobody cares about your feelings really. Its all about the heckler's feelings and if you dont feed his feelings, you win. This is just another reason to wear headphones. And another reason to hit your favorite tear-out at beddy boo time.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every hunting spot has its own time, but early morning is usually the best, if a park or otherwise, in the city. At the beach, most of the time people dont care, but still always good to hit on the off hours. I just ignore everyone, and anyway, I probably wouldnt notice if someone said something. Even with the good looking girls, when they start watching, I usually go the other way, I just dont want to have to explain that im not clam digging. If you want attention, go to the mall and detect, otherwise, try to keep a low profile. Havent tried the hard hat and orange vest yet, but im sure its a good plan, maybe even add some sort of badge!

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell 'em you work for an oil company checking for mineralization and looking for new places to drill and that you're taking cash investments for shares in the company..

Flash

Oct 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did nobody say to ignore them? No? I suggest to give no response. Anything that set them off may get them coming back past slinging a beer bottle at ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread