Tones

L

lost hunter

Listen to the tones I don't use the vid that often unless I get a repeatable high tone Today while trying the small coil in my yard got a great repeatable high tone the vid showed quarter Break out the digger about 7" deep and Bam what a great find

image-1651770956.jpg

Must be a silver cut nail used to kill vampires underneath all that rust Lol

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the fisher start just outside the point where you get audio and slowly approach with the front of the coil. If you get the low tone first, then the high tone as you move to the center of the coil it is usually iron. Iron buckles, iron rings, and bent nails etc will still fool ya. When in doubt just dig it. See if it works on your F75. Works great on my G2:icon_thumleft:

JanThorCro

Aug 29, 2012
The Land of Captain Crunch
Detector(s) used
DFX

Starting to understand the machine. :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right. That is indeed a nice "Ferrous Plated Silver Vamp Nail". :laughing9:

:goldtrophy:

:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

I've a DFX and use tone ID as well. I like it (tone ID), except for when I dig my own Vamp Nails. I'm constantly detecting in heavy trash and recently started rejecting the bottom 2\3's of the negative VDI numbers (-95 thru -40, also +95). I also dropped my sensitivity as well.

Seems to help with the Vamp Nails.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey on the good side you got 7" of depth with a small coil.

OP
OP
L

lost hunter

Mzjavert said:
Hey on the good side you got 7" of depth with a small coil.

Thinking I could of got a few more with the way it was sounding off loud and clear Don't have any issues with depth on the F-75 that's for sure I found that if it gives a tone keep digging because something's there. HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread