An old Radio Shack Micronta 4003!!!

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've seen that done to an Ace 350 in fact, and liked the idea since it made sense. To hold the first foot tight against the shaft they used electrical tape (that's what I meant by tape or velcro the first foot), but I've had electrical tape on plenty of things to not like that as a solution. It degrades into a sticky mess over time. I also tried velcro (a long strip wrapped around and around) but it picked up too much debris in the field. Twist ties allowed the coil wire to move too much. So I wrapped it tight and the false signals ceased (even on max sensitivity in low trash areas) except for when I thump the coil against a clump of weeds or something. Then it sometimes falses, but mostly due to the vibration caused by the whack. I'm not sure how other machines react, but experimentation should yield results...

peace,
cc

OP
OP
Wily Dunk

Wily Dunk

Sep 12, 2012
Shelby, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro - Ground EFX TC1X Treasure Commander Si Robertson Signature Edition - BH Pioneer 202 - RS Micronta 4003 -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Garrett Edge Digger - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Jason, yeah, I run the cable straight up the shaft to just under the control box and then wrap it there and secure with plastic ties... Don't want to take any chances with false signals, got enough trash and mineralization in my yard to do that by itself...lol. Thanks..

Rick-SeMI

Jan 18, 2012
Taylor, MI
Detector(s) used
<< Minelab Explorer XS >>
<< White's Spectrum XLT>>
<<<< Tesoro Tiger Shark >>
<<<< Fisher 1225X >>
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm, I have one of those in my garage.
First metal detector, I 'tried' to use in 1988.
Soon found a guy selling detectors out of his garage and bought a Fisher 1225X.
I still have the 1225X also.
Think I'll get the RS Micronta out, clean it up and try to sell it...

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its work on the field and on the beach( wet sand) is crazy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions