Reputable CW Artifact Dealers?

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey fellers, I just got an email I'd like to share and ask for your recommendations:

Mr. Williams,

Your blog is such enjoyable reading for me everyday. A great relief after reading some of the other Southern bashing Civil War blogs. Thank you for your work and your books.

My job is buyer for the gift shop at the ____________Museum in Texas. The museum has one of the largest collections of Civil War items west of the Mississippi. I’m always trying to find new items to present in our gift shop and that is where I hope you can help me out. I would like to carry some authentic relics of the War for sale to our visitors and need to find a source that can sell me some decent dug relics from the War. I note that you are a relic hunter and thought maybe you could suggest a reputable person or persons who could supply the museum with some authentic relics at a reasonable price. I’m talking about small items such as bullets, buttons, etc. Your help would be much appreciated and thank you for your time.

I immediately thought of Rafael Eledge and Shiloh Relics and I know there are plenty others. Any solid recommendations will be shared with this gentleman. Texas dealers might be preferable. Thanks!

OP
OP
Valley Ranger

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, never mind I guess.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a nice gesture to help, but keep in mind there are too many scallywags out there that will try and pass off replicas as the real deal :icon_thumright: I wouldn't get involved in case someone you recommended tried to rip off that establishment :tongue3:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
spartacus53 said:
It's a nice gesture to help, but keep in mind there are too many scallywags out there that will try and pass off replicas as the real deal :icon_thumright: I wouldn't get involved in case someone you recommended tried to rip off that establishment :tongue3:

Scalywags. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions