The Terry C. Rich Hill Arizona invite!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The Terry C. Rich Hill Arizona invite!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2008
    Whites Spectra V3i
    13 times
    Metal Detecting

The Terry C. Rich Hill Arizona invite!

Well Terry was nice enough to invite me down and i gladly accepted.
    oh and srry its takin so long to post this but we moved just before i went out there and are still having problems with internet.
    anywho, my 4x4 was not going to be ready in time, and i was not about to wait another day to start the trip.
    so i ended up driving our chevy cavalier. MASSIVE MISTAKE. LOL.
    that damn seat bout killed me. took two days to get to Terrys camper from indianapolis. i get there and Terry and his brother Tim
    have the camper all ready for me. even had 2 great prospecting books set out for me and maps of all the claims at Rich Hill.
    Terry couldnt be there much cuz he was traveling but his brother was right there takin me down the mountain the back way in his 4x4
    and showing me the lay of the land. they are both very nice guys and wonderful to talk to. they had all kinds of prospecting equipment to use.
    i took the v3i with 3 coils but didnt find a nugget. found many .22 cal bullet fragments in hot ground. spent a lot of time taking
    samples at Rich Hill and all over the desert. in the worse soil i could find, i buried a 2.5 gram fishing weight at about 7 inches deep.
    the probe read about 71% mineralized and i got very diggable signal in all metal. i was using the 10dd goin for the lunkers lol!
    but like i said, there were so many other things i needed to do while there, i couldnt focus on just one thing. Tim gave me the scoop on
    how to find the status of claimable land by using the BLM site. and also answered any question i had about ANYTHING, even how to
    stake my own claim, which i will be doing shortly when i go back.
    im gonna try to add this video Tim took of the sluice of theirs that we used, and a couple pics of the gold we got out of there secret
    hole in the desert that they actually took me straight too and said i could keep what i find!
    WTF !!! ami being punked, like on tv, am i dreamin? Folks, you just dont meet people like this anymore. ive made 2 great friends
    out there. cannot wait to go bak, and the first decent nugget i find, im giving to them, not just for their generosity but for giving me
    the chance of a lifetime, and a whole gold pa%n full of stories to tell my kids, and someday my grandchildren.

Mobile Photobucket

Last edited by supafly136; Nov 17, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

us
    May 2008
    Whites Spectra V3i
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    the gold in the picture at the link is from 11 5 gallon buckets of dirt out of 1 hole.

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    Southern California
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    4613 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    supafly,
    That's a great post, thank you. Sounds to me like you had a great adventure meeting T&T, being gifted with guidance/advice/mentoring/kindness/and just having received the best treatment a person could get and that is as good as it comes and the way life should be! Great video of the wash system and at the end of the whole trip you ended up with gold, what more could a person ask for. Yes, yes I know more gold but then once a person has caught the fever that is the typical reaction and I know it only too well. Now of course You had a choice to make, should I go there, they are strangers, etc and look what happened, good on ya. Congratulations to all three of you for a wonderful share for all of us.........63bkpkr
    TimC and TerryC like this.
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    May 2008
    Whites Spectra V3i
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    Hey glad u enjoyed it 63bkpkr.
    Wish ya the best on all your missions sir.

us
    Calories in... calories burned... whats left is you.

Jul 2008
    Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
    Various
    73 times
    Thanks for the good word, and for the post, Supafly. I enjoyed showing you Rich Hill, and telling you about the general history of the area. And I must say that Supafly is nothing less than a mountain goat. TimC
    TerryC likes this.
    I knew a man who rode his horse backwards, because seeing where he has been was much less scary than seeing where he was going.

us
    May 2008
    Whites Spectra V3i
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    lmao Tim!

u da man

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1064 times
    Quote Originally Posted by supafly136 View Post
    anywho, my 4x4 was not going to be ready in time, and i was not about to wait another day to start the trip. so i ended up driving our chevy cavalier. MASSIVE MISTAKE. LOL
    I know what you mean with that Chevy. Back in the late 80's my company downgraded all the salesman's car from a Lumina to a Cavalier. I felt like I was driving in a clown car with my knees in my chest and a ride from NY to Boston left me in pain for 1 1/2 days. You're right about the seats, it would be more comfortable sitting on a milk crate with a 2x4 back

I'm glad the rest of your trip was a bit more enjoyable and fruitful
    supafly136 and TerryC like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Come out from under your bed today...... DO SOMETHING!

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer, Calvin Bunker digger. Homemade re-circulator
    9432 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Good gold, Jerry! Looks to be about 2 dwt. A pennyweight is 1/20th of an ounce so you have 1/10th of an ounce or..... about $171 in gold from 1/4 cubic yard.... or dirt that is producing $681 dollars per cubic yard! Great work, my friend. Keep at it! TTC
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but it's about learning to dance in the rain.

us
    May 2008
    Whites Spectra V3i
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    lolol. thats so crazy, 171 bucks for playing in the creek for less than a day, you gotta love that. thx again Terry, and now that ive got the bug, ill be headin out there very soon to stake my claim. and while im out there, if you guys need any help on your claim with some manual labor, just say the word, its the least i can do.
    TerryC likes this.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    Ace 250 (2), Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Falcon MD20, Garrett pinpointer, Calvin Bunker digger. Homemade re-circulator
    9432 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Being the "old man" that I am, I can always use some young muscle! Ha! But the next time you're up here, we'll work on getting you a claim set up! Then you can bring the guys from Indiana to your own GOLD MINE! Glad to help out. Take care, my friend. Terry
    Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but it's about learning to dance in the rain.

us
    May 2008
    Whites Spectra V3i
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    Lol. Rgr that.

us
    Nov 2012
    Evansville,IN
    Discovery 2200
    5 times
    You know this old boy from the southern tip of Indiana would be thinking about going with him...

us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    8500 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    supafly, thanks a lot for sharing the video! Looks like a grand time was had by all!
    Ya'll are in a totally different gold hunting mode, than those of us on the east coast beaches. I always wanted to do like ya'll are doing! It's hard to extract gold from coral rock! LOL!
    (I always figured I could lay some sheep pelts in a stream and make my own 'golden fleece'! LOL!)

I really appreciate the info Terry gives us on-line, too! Thank you too Tim. Ya'll all keep up the good works!
    Thanks again for sharing!
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

Charter Member
    us
    I can dig it! "WP"

Mar 2007
    Arizona
    Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4 Shaker table, etc.
    6018 times
    Don't forget me... I'm from Clarksville Indiana. Have equipment will travel!

GG~

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2008
    Yarnell, AZ
    9432 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by supafly136 View Post
    Lol. Rgr that.
    Jerry, got your voicemails. Sorry, the cell doesn't work well on the side of this mountain in CA. You can also try 209-728-3316, the local phone here. Log it for future reference. Tnx. TTC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links