The Terry C. Rich Hill Arizona invite!

supafly136

May 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Terry was nice enough to invite me down and i gladly accepted.
oh and srry its takin so long to post this but we moved just before i went out there and are still having problems with internet.
anywho, my 4x4 was not going to be ready in time, and i was not about to wait another day to start the trip.
so i ended up driving our chevy cavalier. MASSIVE MISTAKE. LOL.
that damn seat bout killed me. took two days to get to Terrys camper from indianapolis. i get there and Terry and his brother Tim
have the camper all ready for me. even had 2 great prospecting books set out for me and maps of all the claims at Rich Hill.
Terry couldnt be there much cuz he was traveling but his brother was right there takin me down the mountain the back way in his 4x4
and showing me the lay of the land. they are both very nice guys and wonderful to talk to. they had all kinds of prospecting equipment to use.
i took the v3i with 3 coils but didnt find a nugget. found many .22 cal bullet fragments in hot ground. spent a lot of time taking
samples at Rich Hill and all over the desert. in the worse soil i could find, i buried a 2.5 gram fishing weight at about 7 inches deep.
the probe read about 71% mineralized and i got very diggable signal in all metal. i was using the 10dd goin for the lunkers lol!
but like i said, there were so many other things i needed to do while there, i couldnt focus on just one thing. Tim gave me the scoop on
how to find the status of claimable land by using the BLM site. and also answered any question i had about ANYTHING, even how to
stake my own claim, which i will be doing shortly when i go back.
im gonna try to add this video Tim took of the sluice of theirs that we used, and a couple pics of the gold we got out of there secret
hole in the desert that they actually took me straight too and said i could keep what i find!
WTF !!! ami being punked, like on tv, am i dreamin? Folks, you just dont meet people like this anymore. ive made 2 great friends
out there. cannot wait to go bak, and the first decent nugget i find, im giving to them, not just for their generosity but for giving me
the chance of a lifetime, and a whole gold pa%n full of stories to tell my kids, and someday my grandchildren.

Mobile Photobucket

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

supafly136

May 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the gold in the picture at the link is from 11 5 gallon buckets of dirt out of 1 hole.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
supafly,
That's a great post, thank you. Sounds to me like you had a great adventure meeting T&T, being gifted with guidance/advice/mentoring/kindness/and just having received the best treatment a person could get and that is as good as it comes and the way life should be! Great video of the wash system and at the end of the whole trip you ended up with gold, what more could a person ask for. Yes, yes I know more gold but then once a person has caught the fever that is the typical reaction and I know it only too well. Now of course You had a choice to make, should I go there, they are strangers, etc and look what happened, good on ya. Congratulations to all three of you for a wonderful share for all of us.........63bkpkr

OP
OP
S

supafly136

May 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey glad u enjoyed it 63bkpkr.
Wish ya the best on all your missions sir.

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the good word, and for the post, Supafly. I enjoyed showing you Rich Hill, and telling you about the general history of the area. And I must say that Supafly is nothing less than a mountain goat. TimC

OP
OP
S

supafly136

May 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lmao Tim!

u da man

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anywho, my 4x4 was not going to be ready in time, and i was not about to wait another day to start the trip. so i ended up driving our chevy cavalier. MASSIVE MISTAKE. LOL

I know what you mean with that Chevy. Back in the late 80's my company downgraded all the salesman's car from a Lumina to a Cavalier. I felt like I was driving in a clown car with my knees in my chest and a ride from NY to Boston left me in pain for 1 1/2 days. You're right about the seats, it would be more comfortable sitting on a milk crate with a 2x4 back

I'm glad the rest of your trip was a bit more enjoyable and fruitful :headbang:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good gold, Jerry! Looks to be about 2 dwt. A pennyweight is 1/20th of an ounce so you have 1/10th of an ounce or..... about $171 in gold from 1/4 cubic yard.... or dirt that is producing $681 dollars per cubic yard! Great work, my friend. Keep at it! TTC

OP
OP
S

supafly136

May 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lolol. thats so crazy, 171 bucks for playing in the creek for less than a day, you gotta love that. thx again Terry, and now that ive got the bug, ill be headin out there very soon to stake my claim. and while im out there, if you guys need any help on your claim with some manual labor, just say the word, its the least i can do.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being the "old man" that I am, I can always use some young muscle! Ha! But the next time you're up here, we'll work on getting you a claim set up! Then you can bring the guys from Indiana to your own GOLD MINE! Glad to help out. Take care, my friend. Terry

OP
OP
S

supafly136

May 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol. Rgr that.

eagle927

Nov 10, 2012
Evansville,IN
Detector(s) used
Discovery 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know this old boy from the southern tip of Indiana would be thinking about going with him...:laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
supafly, thanks a lot for sharing the video! Looks like a grand time was had by all!
Ya'll are in a totally different gold hunting mode, than those of us on the east coast beaches. I always wanted to do like ya'll are doing! It's hard to extract gold from coral rock! LOL! :tongue3:
(I always figured I could lay some sheep pelts in a stream and make my own 'golden fleece'! LOL!) :laughing7:

I really appreciate the info Terry gives us on-line, too! Thank you too Tim. Ya'll all keep up the good works!
Thanks again for sharing!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget me... I'm from Clarksville Indiana. Have equipment will travel!

GG~

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol. Rgr that.
Jerry, got your voicemails. Sorry, the cell doesn't work well on the side of this mountain in CA. You can also try 209-728-3316, the local phone here. Log it for future reference. Tnx. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm, I thought I posted...... Pat, Eagle, and GG. You are all invited down. Get on that Red Bus and get yer bunns down here! Get on the bus..... and two bottles of "Jack" later...... you're here! C'mon down. TTC

OP
OP
S

supafly136

May 12, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
your very welcome Pat.
Np Terry, wrote it down.

Sounds like a convoy lol

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, I thought I posted...... Pat, Eagle, and GG. You are all invited down. Get on that Red Bus and get yer bunns down here! Get on the bus..... and two bottles of "Jack" later...... you're here! C'mon down. TTC

Sounds like a plan.
I would be honored to do some prospecting with you folks....
Perhaps sometime next fall.

GG~

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a plan.
I would be honored to do some prospecting with you folks....
Perhaps sometime next fall.

GG~
Good deal, GG! Copy the phone number from above. TTC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't get me wrong, my friends. ALL are invited. I will gaurantee you will find gold. BUT to really get the most out of the visit, you must learn HOW to find it. There is a quote based on a Bible passage about: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and he eats for a lifetime. Well, I will show you where to find it but if you REALLY want to learn how to find it, connect up with Terry Soloman out here and he will set you up on an adventure that will teach you how to locate gold on your own.... for a lifetime. He's got a website... check it out...
www.arizonagoldadventures.com TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread