Sun Ray Invader XL-1 Target Probe

D

doyboy

Hey, guys, I have been researching the latest Sun Ray probe for the single frequency White's detectors. I know of a few people on this forum that use one and I would like your opinions. What are the Pros and Cons on this product? Have you noticed a decrease in battery life on your detector? I am "thinking" about purchasing one for my Pro XL.

Sincerely,
doyboy

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DoyBoy, I use a SunRay Probe with my Whites XLT and of course I use one on my Garrett ACE 250, also use a SunRay Probe on my Mine Lab Sovereign. I can't hardly hunt without the SunRay Probe. It does take some of the power away from your detector. But that is to be expected since it runs off of your detector's battery supply.

I for one know you won't be disappointed with the SunRay Probe. It does cost more than some of the other brands, but you have it right on the detector and I think it goes much deeper than other brands.

Good Luck and HH, Ringfinder

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
DB,

if you got the money and want a new
toy, go for it.

Another tool that may help in your recovery.

Its like a small extra coil, I'm getting somewhere
between 2 -3 inches on depth with it.

Like I said, if you got the money; its not something
I would call a must have.

have a good un.........

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think it takes any power from your detector. It's not using any power at all when it's turned off. When you turn it on it acts as if you had put a tiny coil on your detector and the coil on the detector stem can't be used when the SruRay is turned on. Turn it off and it uses no power and all the power reverts to your large detector coil. I have one on my GTI 2500 and the longer I have it, the more I use it. I'd hope they would get the price down to where it is more affordable. Some of the detectors it is designed for cost less than the SunRay probe! Monty

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
like sherman says its like a small coil held in your hand it utilizes your MD's processor while a regular hand held on just PP's everything

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread