Times Are Changing - You Can help!

detector99

Nov 1, 2004
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For 36 years I have been involved with metal detecting. I’ve sold detectors for every major manufacturer; I’ve treasure hunted in every State, and two countries. I had a successful metal detecting, TV series, I write books, and I know the industry. I travel the country speaking at schools and colleges. And I see that times have changed.

No longer are our children interested in American history. They no longer ask the questions they were asking just ten years ago. They could care less what a silver dollar once represented, or what a button wore by a civil war soldier means. College students are more interested in how they can find a job working for the government. They cannot name the four faces carved at Mt. Rushmore. For many of us in the hobby, metal detecting represents not just the excitement of what we may pull from the ground, but also the love of history. Sure, there are those that rape and pillage private property without permission in hopes to score a big find to sell on Ebay. There are those who sneak onto State lands with the same intentions. However, the hobby too many of us has always been a way to communicate to others about our history. Our finds are the evidence that others before us were the ones that made it possible for today’s generation to live as we do, but times have changed. Our young no longer care about our past. I blame the education system. As I travel and speak, I see the demise of American history because of how it is being taught in schools. We are losing America, one student at a time. But you can help to slow this deterioration of a lack of knowledge in American history.

Speak up, speak out. Be a force by sharing your knowledge at schools and functions. The hobby can be a positive factor in helping to re-educate our young. Get them involved. Bring back the idea of the American Dream by instilling in our children that they can be or do anything they want. Just like those first pioneers who settled our lands and helped build this country. Let our love for history pave the way.

Frank W. Pandozzi
Executive Producer

Locating And Metal Detecting Eastern Ghost Town Treasure
Exploring History's Treasures TV Series-History, Metal Detector, Treasure Hunting, Outdoor Adventure TV Series

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dylan borrowed from the Bible, as many writers did of the era... Book of Ecclesiastes and Mark 10:3 (I think)."The first ones now shall later be last". TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread