Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Lost treasure Hunters

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    JPS

Jul 2005
    Anyone interested in looking for this?

The Comancheros also traded with other southwestern tribes for a variety of goods, some of them precious. It was rumored for many years that the Comancheros received raw diamonds in trade from the Indians who lived near the Pedernal Hills of central New Mexico. Legend places the old Indian diamond mine somewhere in the Pedernal Hills of Torrance County, New Mexico. The mine was apparently worked by the Indians for many years and has even been chanced upon by white men during its history. One account in particular is of interest because of its description of the mine portal and the vertical shaft within. The chance discovery was made by a trader from Santa Fe who was forced to take shelter from a storm somewhere on the leeward side of the old Pedernal Hills, not far from the little village of Encino. While hunkering down from the storm, the trader noticed a small opening in the sheltered side of the hill. Just inside the portal was a man made 30-foot vertical shaft. Scattered around the cave entrance were a number of transparent crystals, some of them in matrix. The trader gathered up the finest samples and put them in his pocket. When the storm finally passed the trader continued eastward, eventually reaching Independence, Missouri. It was only then that the trader learned that his crystals were actually diamonds!

us
    Aug 2011
    Republic of Texas
    1 times
    As far as "'squatch" - the program is silly. But 'squatch' - Bigfoot in these parts - is real. I heard him wail a few times one night close by - right near the spot I dumped a deer carcass down in the river bottom a couple of nights before. I tell you this - ain't no human or known animal has a set of lungs this thing had - apparently he was quite happy to find some dinner. Pitch dark and he got closer but I did not wait and quickly decided I did not want to meet him. It is some sort of primate.

us
    Son of Eagles

Mar 2010
    mɪnɨˈsoʊtə
    Minelab SE PRO, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics Delta 4000, Ace 250, BH Tracker IV
    314 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I enjoyed Lost Treasure Hunters mainly because it was nice to see people search for something other than gold. I will watch again.

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    6361 times
    watched the Re-run of the premier the other day.
    I liked the straight forward approach with minimal drama.
    But Diamonds are not on my list of "Treasure" so not sure if I'll continue to watch.

Aug 2012
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilfield Diver View Post
    As far as "'squatch" - the program is silly. But 'squatch' - Bigfoot in these parts - is real. I heard him wail a few times one night close by - right near the spot I dumped a deer carcass down in the river bottom a couple of nights before. I tell you this - ain't no human or known animal has a set of lungs this thing had - apparently he was quite happy to find some dinner. Pitch dark and he got closer but I did not wait and quickly decided I did not want to meet him. It is some sort of primate.

Amen brother. Check out http:Bigfoot Encounters, go to stories, sightings, encounters, then scroll down to Bexar County 1973 and read our encounter. Yeah, don't know what it really was, but the word Bigfoot works for me...

us
    Sep 2012
    Ohio
    White's VX3, Garrett's Ace 250, Garrett's Propointer
    21 times
    Metal Detecting
    HHmmm....so let me get this straight...they obviously have this show recorded...and they are looking for a diamond mine....do you really think they will ever find it? or at least find it and tell...I sure wouldn't

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times
    They found the grading house in the first episode, a two different teams found a diamond, one on land, the other in the river from grab samples. Something tells me they are going to locate the mine very quickly. As I understand it, they are in a hurry to locate this because within the next 6 months or so the government is building a dam downstream and the entire area will be underwater very soon.

Which leads me to believe that either this series is gonna be VERY short, or the team will move on to other treasures to look for. I think that'd make for some great TV, globehopping searching for different treasures!
    jeff of pa likes this.

Feb 2014
    1 times
    I know this is an old thread but the complete series will air 3/6/14 on Animal Planet 8:00am -12:00

ratled
    Frankn likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Living the WP

Apr 2006
    Chesterfield, Va.
    Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
    1718 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Anyone interested in looking for this? The Comancheros also traded with other southwestern tribes for a variety of goods, some of them precious. It was rumored for many years that the Comancheros received raw diamonds in trade from the Indians who lived near the Pedernal Hills of central New Mexico. Legend places the old Indian diamond mine somewhere in the Pedernal Hills of Torrance County, New Mexico. The mine was apparently worked by the Indians for many years and has even been chanced upon by white men during its history. One account in particular is of interest because of its description of the mine portal and the vertical shaft within. The chance discovery was made by a trader from Santa Fe who was forced to take shelter from a storm somewhere on the leeward side of the old Pedernal Hills, not far from the little village of Encino. While hunkering down from the storm, the trader noticed a small opening in the sheltered side of the hill. Just inside the portal was a man made 30-foot vertical shaft. Scattered around the cave entrance were a number of transparent crystals, some of them in matrix. The trader gathered up the finest samples and put them in his pocket. When the storm finally passed the trader continued eastward, eventually reaching Independence, Missouri. It was only then that the trader learned that his crystals were actually diamonds!

Yes. Are you from there?
    Thomas Paine-
    "Government even in its best state is but a necessary evil," Paine wrote, and "in its worst state an intolerable one." Like many Americans today, Paine believed that government added insult to injury by using tax dollars in ways that were actually harmful to the public. "When we suffer," wrote Paine, "or are exposed to the same miseries by a government which we might expect in a country without government, our calamities are heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer." To Paine, "securing freedom and property to all men, and, above all things, freedom of religion," were the only legitimate functions of government. Americans generally agreed, and went to war to achieve this vision.
    http://mises.org/freemarket_detail.aspx?control=233

"People whose lives are barren and insecure seem to show a greater willingness to obey than people who are self-sufficient and self-confident. To the frustrated, freedom from responsibility is more attractive than freedom from restraint. They are eager to barter their independence for relief of the burdens of willing, deciding and being responsible for inevitable failure. They willingly abdicate the directing of their lives to those who want to plan, command and shoulder all responsibility." ~Eric Hoffer “The True Believer”

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Feb 2014
    1 times
    I guess I should posted the listing from MSN Lost Treasure Hunters - Episode Guide - MSN TV I'd set my DVR but it only lists a week from now.

ratled

Dec 2006
    338 times
    i think these are the vids

Steve Newbery - YouTube

Feb 2014
    1 times
    They are, but he hasn't posted the full series and they are a low quality production cut. It worked as fix but now that Animal Planet is airing the full season we should see how it all pans out

ratled

Dec 2006
    338 times
    thats what steve said too
    Steve Newbery posted
    Good News Everyone!, Animal Planet has finally decided to air the full series starting in March between the 3 and the 6. Keep an eye on the programme listings and you will be able to watch the polished final product. Enjoy 4 and 5 are really good.

Feb 2014
    1 times
    Just got word it will not be airing... again. Dam and I really wanted to see this through. I sent a nasty gram to Animal Planet

ratled

Feb 2014
    1 times
    Time to revive this one!!!! Animal Planet, after saying several times they would air this, are FINALLY airing the whole series!! All 5 episodes this Monday July 28th in a a LTH marathon. Listed on TV Guide dot com only Lost Treasure Hunters Episodes - Lost Treasure Hunters Season 1 2012 Episode Guides - Watch Lost Treasure Hunters Episodes from Animal Planet | TVGuide.com But my Comcast has in the line up and the DVR is set for the whole series. Now I can get some closure

ratled

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors