Help a fellow detectorist with his dying wish.....

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope after reading this the admin will allow it to stay here for at least a few days.

Kaptaincosmic who post here has a wish....

My good friend and metal detecting friend Steve Brown (Kaptaincosmic) is dying of cancer and after talking to his wife I found out he will be gone any day. Please pray first for his salvation. Also pray for his family. I will miss him very much!

Here is Steve's wish. He found a class ring this summer here in Michigan. He tried to find the owner then put me on it too. We have talked with the school, the alumni assoc, tried Facebook, etc.... and no luck yet. I know we have some guys here who are great at finding owners of rings so please help me with Steve's dying wish. ( Time is of the essence )

Please email me if you want the info to try to find this person for Steve. I don't want to post the name etc... right on the forum, because I will likely get someone emailing trying to claim it.
It is not gold and not valuable for that matter. If we can tell Steve that we found the guy before he dies, I know it will put one last smile on his face.

Thank you and God bless.

Mike

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Mike,

My prayer for your friend Steve is that Jesus will wrap Steve in Love, to console his wife, & that his wish is fulfilled.
Tender thoughts are with you all.

Kat

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i felt something was up with steve - i emailed him a while back and did not hear anything. he was a good friend and made and gave me a few really nice scoops in the past. he would email me and tell me from time to time how the cemo was doing.
god i can't believe it.
prayers for my friend sent.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike are you the same Mike from Mich that I met ?
if so than you know me -
I just made a return in Dec
if I can be of any help let me know
drop me a PM

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prayers offered. God Bless.

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kaptaincosmic and his family are in my prayers. My heart goes out to them. In the short time that I have been detecting, I have learned how great this community of people are. If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate. Steve, this journey will take you to the most amazing gold of all. God bless.

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about your friend. Im a cancer survivor. It really makes me sad to read this. I hope you find the owner of the ring soon.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, I sent you a PM. I'll try to get one last try at the investigative technique nuerons, that may still be usable, one more time. Terry

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, I have contacted the Daily Telegram. A reporter named John Mulcahy will call you. I have also contacted the Adrian Police Dept. and left a voicemessage with the school officer, Birdwell. He has access to the yearbooks. Both have been given your number for direct contact. The next break will come through the power of prayer. I hope your request sees success. Terry

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Terry and all others who have joined the search.
God bless you all.

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen,
Your Honor & Compassion are from the heart. God bless all of you, richly.
Sincerely, Kat

OP
OP
Mike from MI

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update on Steve. He has passed away. to this who are helping to find the ring owner, please don't give up. To those that pray. Please pray for his family and friends.
Thank you.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, any news to fill us in on? Updates? Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions