Cheyenne, Wyoming

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I made it here finally. Left Tallahassee, Florida on the 1st at 10:30 AM and pulled up in our driveway at 5:15 PM on the 3rd. Hubby was not able to greet me because he was on a rig/well site in Greeley, Colorado. He left me a bottle of Crown Royal with a bow on it and a "Welcome Home" note! Now that's just damned nice! He was released Sat. night and came home around 9-10 PM. I enjoyed my drive alone and got to see some wonderful sights! My 1st week here, we ran the roads doing this & that and spending time together before he went back to Greeley. It's been a long 2 1/2 year's of being apart. I've been unpacking everything that's been in boxes since being shipped here back in April 2012. Jonathan did unpack most of the kitchen item's and necessities. So I am ready to go out detecting! While in Fl. I've done research and more research (Thanks Papa Bear for info.) on Wyoming and nearby states for places to detect. Excited about going detecting here! Cold it is.....with wind chill -30 to -35.... a few day's.... Burrrrrrr, not Florida weather that's for sure. But that is not going to stop me! Got new warm boots and everything else need to keep warm. Been catching up on everyone's detecting here on T'NET. Glad to see everyone's posts and finds! Now that I've chewed the fat and bored you with details to which none of it is found treasure's (except my hubby!) I will say "Good Luck" to all and "Happy Hunting"! I'm all set and READY!

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Glad ya made the trip safely. Crown Royal was always my favorite also smart man lol Evans is connected to Greeley and I have seen several of the rigs being put in. Yeah getting used to this cold is going to be fun for ya that is for sure. Don't forget to keep your battery compartment warm to make them last longer. To bad your visit with hubby wasn't longer but it is the quality time that counts also. Welcome to the cold and hope ya find a lot of old stuff up there.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds great in your new digs. Moving in winter just going to make other seasons more impressive,winter unique as it is. Looking forward to seeing some finds.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, My Lady, I hope you enjoy WYO as much as I have through the yrs. It is such a beautiful state! fishin, huntin, rockin, never TH'd there but am sure it's good as well. Protect your lungs & digits in the cold weather. don't drink & go for walks, (alcohol may feel like anti-freeze but its not) & enjoy your beautiful new home.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Glad you had an adventurous trip. Since it is so cold there and the ground is probable frozen, here's a suggestion. I don't remember where it is, you can ask around, but there is an area where you can"dig" historic rock and find things in the layers like images of leaves and trilobites and fish that are long extinct. I think it is a nominal fee to "dig" and they show you how. It's not MD, but it is a great adventure with great finds. Have fun, Frank

hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Wyoming is one of my favorite places. Before you dig remember the frost line might be four or five feed down.
Greeley's really nuts right now. Boom town. A friend was up there in the last boom. He said "it's good to experience boom life once.....Once"
Last time I was there, Halliburton trucks were running everywhere with bumper stickers looking for workers (warm bodies). I expect a picture of a gas well to be on Colorado's State flag soon.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yes. Been reports quite awhile of most help heading to fields leaving towns short handed. Great there is work available.

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn, I think you are talking about Kemmerer (?) It is a fantastic little town & lots of fossils there. but it's on the other side of WYO.Lady, If you do go there, also chk out blue forest petrified wood outside of Green River. watch for rattlers tho. but the pet wood is gorgeous! Wish I was there.

OP
OP
Lady Pirate

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No digging for me in the frozen ground. I do what I call "skimming" on the dirt, (snow) just surface finds, Digits shrink when cold and people pull off gloves and rings fall off! Yuppers...... Thanks for all the replies, knew about the fossil dig place- actually there are some fossils that you have to turn in because they are rare (very few), and will check out the Blue Forest mamabear, but there is a question Frank1960.... How do I keep my battery compartment warm? Never thought of that.....I know I will only be out a couple hours (if that) and I don't leave anything in my SUV. My consumption of alcohol is confined to the relaxing at home, or when hubby takes me out on the Harley , then I may pound a few (he don't). He's funny because he say's when I drink a few I am so relaxed that he has to feel for me to see if I am still there LOL. He should know better because I have a back rest to relax against!

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
You can put a hand warmer over the compartment and wrap it with a towel and tape in place or just tie something around it to hold it in place and keep the warmth in. Forgot to add ya might want to put a layer of cloth between the hand warmer and the battery compartment they get hot

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread