Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show because it shows the public how the hobbyist can pull history from the ground that otherwise would never see the light of day. What I don't like is the presentation of the hobbyist as jerks that use slang like gang hand signals and jump around like a coke head. Look at it this way, most of us grow up some day. Frank

View attachment 734063
Those are Montanagolds friends your calling jerks...not very respectful for someone thats grown up.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the show because it shows the public how the hobbyist can pull history from the ground that otherwise would never see the light of day. What I don't like is the presentation of the hobbyist as jerks that use slang like gang hand signals and jump around like a coke head. Look at it this way, most of us grow up some day. Frank

View attachment 734063

Real cool Frankn...Who gave you permission to call these guys jerks...I'm sure there are other people on here that have names for you...but we don't call you them.

Moderators...why can this guy call these guys jerks?...Not cool in my eyes.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real cool Frankn...Who gave you permission to call these guys jerks...I'm sure there are other people on here that have names for you...but we don't call you them.

Guys do what I did....click on member then click on ignore ...the feature works great!

CityDigger

Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Pro
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Frankn just got "ignored" by me. Thanks for the advice kayden. KG and Ringy can be a little over the top...but Jerks...No way! I hope the show makes it.

sidmind

Nov 10, 2008
They must be doing something right, my wife started watching it and recording. She loves it and want to start detecting,

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

although I don't agree with his opinion on them being jerks,

IMO he has a right to "his" opinion being they are not Members here.
If they were to sign up, he would be expected to be more respectful in his wording,
which I'm sure he would.

Last edited:

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am T.O. :0) it is detectable g but the area we are in bedrock is to far down. We dig with a backhoe and stockpile dirt to run. We do have a detecting claim that produces some big nugs but we have to use pi machines because we're digging down 2 to 3 feet for a nugget. I'm not sure if there is going to be a gold detecting show or not but we will see.

Bev, I'm sorry to say but there is no obligation to do anything. Like I've said before its not a documentary it's a show. It is what it is, I'm sure that you could make a show that is very informative and ethical but hey you have to realize that maybe 1 out of 10 viewers will actually think I'm gonna start detecting and maybe 1 out of that 10 will actually buy a detector and 1 out of that 10 will actually have the patience to continue. So really who are we educating? If they are seriousness enough to see it through then they will find this forum and we will school them on proper hole diggin.

I'm not saying bore the heck out of viewers for 30 minutes on the art of refilling your holes, but while they are digging out one of their finds they can say something very simple like, "Oh by the way, always be careful digging your holes and put it back together like you were never there. That way you have a better chance of being invited back again." What would that take? 10 seconds?

I know of one person who recently bought a machine because of the show. He is not an internet user so he wouldnt find us here and all our valuable insight. He went to some store in Florida and they convinced him that even though he hadnt used a detector in 30 years, he absolutely needed to spend just over $1,000.00 on a machine right off the bat. Although I'm sure the machine was worth it, I dont know if I would have recommended such an expensive purchase when he doesnt even know if he'll like it. He'll be returning up this way late spring so we'll see how he likes it since he doesnt even have email. I wasnt there so I can't judge entirely but...

Tony in Virginia

Dec 14, 2012
King and Queen County Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC / FISHER GOLDBUG
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree that the show stimulates interest in our hobby, but the shows format doesn't portray us in a respectable manner. I mean really, it's not just the wa they act , that's just annoying, it's the way they put a monetary value on thier finds. I firmly believe this show and others like it are damaging to our hooby. When you go to someones home to ask permission to hunt their land and they want to know what their cut is you will see what I am talking about. Take it for what it is worth and good luck hunting.
QUOTE=sidmind;3144436]They must be doing something right, my wife started watching it and recording. She loves it and want to start detecting,[/QUOTE]

Tony in Virginia

Dec 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've found some very valuable relics and coins , but I don't sell them, so why do I want to work all day only to have to surrender them to some landowner with dreams of riches. That is what these shows lead people to believe, evey time you go out you find hundreds of dollars . Just wondering if Garrett may not have something to do with the format, since that is what they are using on the show. They pay lip service to preserving history and place too much emphasis on monetary values of the finds . And the values are way off base to boot. Just wish they would change a few things .

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not saying bore the heck out of viewers for 30 minutes on the art of refilling your holes, but while they are digging out one of their finds they can say something very simple like, "Oh by the way, always be careful digging your holes and put it back together like you were never there.
....Bev...... To me for them to make that statement....It would make it sound like a little kids show..... And i would not watch it again.......

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show is purely for entertainment purposes in my opinion.. People like to watch them dig up relics and such and see the guys get excited.. I for one don't watch it but i'm sure the show appeals to lots of people... These guys have to have pesonalities that draw viewers back.. Like I said the shows not for me but That's just my opinion...

Tony in Virginia

Dec 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's funny.
Its funny how much I hated American Diggers because of the obvious...and I do like this show, because its more relalistic.. But the lingo thing is a little weird, kinda embarassing when people that know I detect, talk to me like that is the norm.

And I will admit, last weekend when I went out hunting with my buddy...we talked like them the WHOLE time, just being goofey of course....and there might have been a cartwheel or 2 :laughing7:

CityDigger

Dec 30, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Garrett AT Pro
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've found some very valuable relics and coins , but I don't sell them, so why do I want to work all day only to have to surrender them to some landowner with dreams of riches. That is what these shows lead people to believe, evey time you go out you find hundreds of dollars . Just wondering if Garrett may not have something to do with the format, since that is what they are using on the show. They pay lip service to preserving history and place too much emphasis on monetary values of the finds . And the values are way off base to boot. Just wish they would change a few things .

Never really thought KG and Ringy of Diggers were putting too much emphasis on monetary value. They flash it up on the screen for a couple of seconds and that's about it. Actually, on the shows that I've seen, they've had a contest between the two of them where the landowner is the judge based on who found the item with the most historical significance. I thought that was right in line--and even appeared that they were going out of their way to downplay the monetary value of the finds.

Maybe you are referring to American Digger...Savage appears to be all about the money and digging up yards with backhoes. Not a fan of that.

Tony in Virginia

Dec 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why not even show the values, they are wrong anyway?
Never really thought KG and Ringy of Diggers were putting too much emphasis on monetary value. They flash it up on the screen for a couple of seconds and that's about it. Actually, on the shows that I've seen, they've had a contest between the two of them where the landowner is the judge based on who found the item with the most historical significance. I thought that was right in line--and even appeared that they were going out of their way to downplay the monetary value of the finds.

Maybe you are referring to American Digger...Savage appears to be all about the money and digging up yards with backhoes. Not a fan of that.

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not even show the values, they are wrong anyway?

Honestly it seems to me that nat geo are the ones playing up the values all of them are flashed across the screen and put in in the editing room, and compared to american diggers i'd say their values are much more in line if you do the math i'd be willing to bet they've lost money this season if you factor in gas and traveling expenses but ultimately it appears that they actually keep all of none of what they find on the show so the point is moot. I really hate the lingo and all the hooting and hollering but over all i'd say it pulls in in front of american digger and just behind lucky muckers as far as md on tv goes. also i'll say compared to savage at least their finds are beleivable.

Don57

Feb 7, 2009
Lindenhurst NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 6T / Prizm 9" Spider Coil / Prizm Mini DD Coil / Garretts Pro Pointer / Lesche trowel
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the show and watch it every week . I don't really care for the "juice" and other slang or the jumping around and sliding on the grass after the dig something .

OhioDeb

May 16, 2011
westcentral Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is another show called Savage ..something. Annoying. I like to watch it but the big dude yelling makes me say " Put a cork in it!".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread