Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is WORSE than GARBAGE

it does absolutely nothing except ruin the hobby for all of us.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It's so 3rd grade. I never imagined it could get worse, but they managed to do it. Last year I shook my head at the show, but this year it's a total insult to my intelligence, and I'm about as smart as a Garrett GTI with 1 bar of battery power.
.........IP ....... Now you should not knock Garrett detectors unless you own and use one at the time of the knock............ Now i knock Garrett and Minelab but i own and use Garrett and Minelab...so that gives me permission to do so.....

sdnative

Mar 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spike TV and TruTV are the home of staged/fake shows. The networks hope there is an audience of people stupid enough to not realize their intelligence is being insulted. I think it all started with a show called Operation Repo. Anyway, I watched one Savage Family Diggers episode where they were looking for Detroit car industry relics. There were so many signs the show is fake. Freshly painted graffiti on surrounding buildings with unrealistic messages. One backyard that "just happened" to have lots of buried tools buried just 10 inches underground? Give me a break! I noticed when Rick Savage was going around asking home owners for permission to dig, one person asked, "Are you filming me?". This was clearly an attempt to help make the show look like it's not staged.

Fast_Dave

Mar 21, 2003
Superior, WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer, White's 6000, Fisher Aquanaut
I watched almost 10 minutes of one episode before I started gagging, and I thought that was doing pretty good. Amazing how the things they find are in pristine condition, not to mention the way they walk into a property and find stuff most detectorists spend a lifetime hunting for. I just hope the people watching realize most of us don't use entrenching tools or Bobcats to dig stuff up! Although if they're able to sit through an entire episode I don't have much hope.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if some archaeologist are behind this? you know most (80%) of archaeologist hate MDers and what better way to ruin us by making a fake show like this...

debi712

Tenderfoot
Apr 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the show was not 'scripted' imagine how boring it would be watching them dig and dig and dig and dig until the did find something. If a reality show was about anyone treasure hunting going with them every minute of the day, it would be cancelled out of boredom watching digs that turn out nothing. I can not think of any 'reality' show that is actually real. It is one of the rare shows on that you can watch without cursing, sex or drugs. Sort of like WWF reality or all show? Am voicing my opinion, I am respecting yours. :)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sad truth, every time you watch it you show your support of it. Shows live and day by their number of viewers. Best appraoch, don't watch it and forget it exist.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I get a kick out of some of you .. You cry about the show then watch it and cry about it again.....................................​BOOM BABY

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you like BOOM BABY then you must have a low IQ,,,,,,, BOOM THAT fat boy!!!

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the show was not 'scripted' imagine how boring it would be watching them dig and dig and dig and dig until the did find something. If a reality show was about anyone treasure hunting going with them every minute of the day, it would be cancelled out of boredom watching digs that turn out nothing. I can not think of any 'reality' show that is actually real. It is one of the rare shows on that you can watch without cursing, sex or drugs. Sort of like WWF reality or all show? Am voicing my opinion, I am respecting yours. :)

Hell I know some very professional relic hunters like Dennis Cox who just the other day dug over 250 Confederate and Union Civil War relics down in South Carolina. Maybe before you comment you should know there are some professional relic hunters out there who will dig up WOW items all the time and not like the way Ric Savage does it. "cancelled out of boredom" ha. Thats because you do not know anything about a Professional Relic Hunter.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cabbage.jpg

BOOM BABY!!!!!!!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I wish I could give your post more than one like.

...to form an intelligent opinion of a show, you have to watch it before forming that opinion. Of the three shows I've seen Diggers, Savage, and Swamp Hunters, I only sort of like Diggers.

Savage--in addition to everything mentioned he never calls the underground plant protection folks to have pipes, electrical wires, etc marked before digging with the heavy equipment. I stopped watching him after he insulted MDers in general. (Guess if you are only legit if you are making big bucks.) I do give the show props for making a point of showing asking for permission.

Swamp Hunters--this could be such a good show because of the location and those guys are characters...but come on flipping a guy off an ATV with a little rope being held by one guy...and the explosives...and the voodoo dolls.... Still the sugar pot they showed was really cool. So after a couple of shows I'm not watching this one.

Diggers--yeah they are annoying and I don't know anyone who would be doing back flips and such with a 200+ year old coin in their hand. And the prison official was clueless if she thought an MD would find a grave...and they were even more clueless by hinting that they could. Still they really try to show they are in it for the fun and adventure of you don't know what you are going to find next. Overall I'll watch it if I see that it's on, but won't go out of my way to watch it.

One thing nobody is mentioned is we pretty much have to watch these shows for a few episodes if at all possible. That way when someone mentiones show, ie co workers who know you MD, particularly if they want to get into the hobby, you can intelligently tell them how that's not the whole, or any reality.

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The big problem with Baby Huey & Co. is that they make it look like everything that comes out of the ground is some priceless artifact, and no amount of destruction is too much to recover something. Not to mention I wonder how many people got it in their heads they could go out and make a living with a detector.....The planted finds, the fake run in with fake cops..... The things that irritate me about him are too big a list to even keep track of. I'd love to know where they were going to hunt next and show up a few days before with a truckload of beer cans and a wood chipper, and just watch from a distance......

At least the Diggers guys don't put ridiculous dollar amounts on their finds, and really seem to be into it for the fun of the hunt.

cabbage2.jpg

Last edited:

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
savage is a joke, he has no business, just a cheesy show, spike owns his broke ass, hes a slave to them. i bet those guys are sooo embarressed to go near anyone who detects, i paint for a bunch of wrestlers, i ask if they know about his show, most didnt but when i showed them clips, they found it funny, some said his acting is better than his wrestling was.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The big problem with Baby Huey & Co. is that they make it look like everything that comes out of the ground is some priceless artifact, and no amount of destruction is too much to recover something. Not to mention I wonder how many people got it in their heads they could go out and make a living with a detector.....The planted finds, the fake run in with fake cops..... The things that irritate me about him are too big a list to even keep track of. I'd love to know where they were going to hunt next and show up a few days before with a truckload of beer cans and a wood chipper, and just watch from a distance......

Yeah, no amount of raking up the surface junk would get rid of all that.

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel bad for people who watch it and get into the hobby thinking they going to strike it rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread