Stolen Minelab 705

SlabSlayR

Greenie
Jan 20, 2013
I hope that whoever stole my autistic son's Minelab 705 out of the back of my truck yesterday while we were in the BP on US 36/37 and I71. I worked my a** off for months working tons of overtime just so I could buy it for him for Christmas. My son cried for hours when he found out that someone had stolen it. My son loved detecting and now you have taken one of the very few joys in life that he had. I just lost my job last week and I cannot afford to buy him a new one. I'm posting this in hopes that whoever took my son's detector has a change of heart and would like to return it.

If anyone in Ohio has a spare detector that they don't use anymore please let me know. I will do whatever I have to to make my son happy again. I have some items that I am willing to trade or I can work for you to pay it off.

wilhitr

Jan 6, 2013
Benton
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT 705 & Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most gas stations have cameras monitoring outside... Maybe they caught it...

OP
OP
SlabSlayR

SlabSlayR

Greenie
Jan 20, 2013
My thoughts exactly! He's just showing everyone on T Net what an a$$ he is!

As for the cameras they do have them over their pumps and not over on the side of the lot where we parked.

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can claim it on your home owners insurance and be able to have it replaced. any item like a camera to a lap top etc can be claimed on your home owners policy. So call your insurance carrier. That coverage is good any were in the world so if your detector got stolen in say Jamaica you could file a claim and have it replaced.

Last edited:

Rafdog

Feb 15, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry to hear about your situation. Some of the members here gave you good options to pursue. Sorry that someone let assumptions get the better of them and not offer anything of value to this thread.

OP
OP
SlabSlayR

SlabSlayR

Greenie
Jan 20, 2013
I checked into my home owners ins. and I have a $1000 deductible. Not worth spending $1000 on a $750 detector.

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure to check your local Craiglist and the pawn shops. Most crap bag thieves are looking for a quick buck and probably tried to sell it ASAP.

Good luck. I know how angry it makes you when somebody comes and takes what you have worked so hard for. After 14 years in emergency services though, I believe that karma does exists in some form.

WM

OP
OP
SlabSlayR

SlabSlayR

Greenie
Jan 20, 2013
I made a police report and have called every pawn shop in the phone book and gave them the serial # and a description and left them with my number. I have checked Craig's List hourly with no luck!

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, hopefully it pays off. Good luck.

WM

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a police report and have called every pawn shop in the phone book and gave them the serial # and a description and left them with my number. I have checked Craig's List hourly with no luck!

I sure hope you get it back...I am sorry this happened to you and your son..sounds like you are a caring and loving parent ...

OP
OP
SlabSlayR

SlabSlayR

Greenie
Jan 20, 2013
Thanks! At the moment I am currently selling off my stuff to try and get enough money together to buy him a new one.

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kind of trash would steal that? Hope you find it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions